Particle effects export to flash swf...

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jedibugs

Particle effects export to flash swf...

Post by jedibugs »

I'm doing some tests, trying to export the explosion effect from tutorial 6.4 to flash. It comes out okay and all the animation is there, but it doesn't make the smoke look like smoke...it seems to be exporting the shapes rather than rendering them as particles. Is there any way to fix this?

-Shawn McBee
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

This is a simple limitation to flash.

Export to flash cant include particle render effects as far as i know.

So, try another format (.mov, .wmv, .rm, etc.).
jedibugs

Post by jedibugs »

The reason I posted this question here is that in the Moho documentation it specifically says that you can export particle layers and, while it doesn't say that you can export particle effects, it also doesn't list them as something that can't be exported. Quite confusing.
Sevenmile

Post by Sevenmile »

Hiho!
I think that the reason why the smoke doesn't look very smoky is that flash can't handle the _fill_ or _layer_ effects as stated in the documentation.

"What Can't be Exported
# brushes
---> # fill and line effects (except gradients)
---> # layer effects (shadows, shading, layer blur, motion blur, etc.)
# image warping or 3D movements in image layers
# image layers that use progressive JPEG images (Flash can't handle progressive JPEG images)
# layer masking
# 3D layers"

That's the problemo. But as long as you don't use these, and don't make your particle effects too huge, flash is supposed to give the same result as moho.
G'dnight
jedibugs

Post by jedibugs »

Hmmm....Yeah, that'd probably be it. I wasn't really thinking about what effects are bundled up to make that big effect.

Thanks!
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

nothing to say.
Last edited by mr. blaaa on Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cribble

Post by cribble »

what're on about mr blaaa? transparencies can be exported, i do it all the time. What on earth is a smoothed shape?? is that a normal shape but rounded, because they can be exported also.

I find if my particle layer(s) are too grpahic heavy, flash player won't work with it and, possibly, crash. No idea why, maybe because a particle layer has so much going on flash can't handle it. So becareful how much graphic content you stick into it.
--Scott
cribble.net
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

I get loads of crashes with the Flash. I think Moho just overwelms it. I've found most problems can be sorted by exporting my swf's as different elements and puting them back together in Flash.

Particle layers export fine and infact import into Flash as symbols. (No bitmap type effects though - focus/blur etc - this is mentioned in the docs)