lock layer sizes?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

benny666

lock layer sizes?

Post by benny666 »

I wonder if there is a way to "lock" the size of a shape when, for example, changing place in the layer window. Let's say I have a square in the layer "xy" measuring 2mm side. I need to change place of "xy"and put it in a "group layer" or "bone layer" that has been resized, so my square now, once changed position, is larger or smaller, according to the influence of the target layer. I need to be remain of 2mm side.
slowtiger

Re: lock layer sizes?

Post by slowtiger »

There's no way to do that now. That's why I always recommend to build stuff in unscaled layers first (and curse and swear when I forgot).

However, you could do the math and inverse the factor of the parent layer to apply it to your "same size" layer. Or do it the lazy way like me: keep one layer with correct sizes of stuff at the bottom, make it immune to camera, and use this as a fast refernce to scale back anything which went out of size. Doesn't have to be that exact.
benny666

Re: lock layer sizes?

Post by benny666 »

slowtiger wrote:There's no way to do that now. That's why I always recommend to build stuff in unscaled layers first (and curse and swear when I forgot).

However, you could do the math and inverse the factor of the parent layer to apply it to your "same size" layer. Or do it the lazy way like me: keep one layer with correct sizes of stuff at the bottom, make it immune to camera, and use this as a fast refernce to scale back anything which went out of size. Doesn't have to be that exact.
thx slowtiger! Actually i do use a keyboard "stamp" picture as reference