import mouth shapes into papagayo

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Mayfly

import mouth shapes into papagayo

Post by Mayfly »

i wouldve posted this in the papagayo thread, but no on one has been there in months. i just need to know how to import the mouths i created in papagayo so i can sync them. this is a simple program, but finding useful help is so damn hard. there are attempts to answer this in that thread, but they aren't clear enough for me to understand. it says to save the mouths as a jpeg in a folder, then it should appear in the papagayo drop down menu, but i cant figure out how to save the mouths in a folder. can someone please dumb it down for a simple guy like me? thanks
funksmaname

Re: import mouth shapes into papagayo

Post by funksmaname »

in "Program Files\Papagayo\mouths" create a new folder named '4 - Something' and put jpegs in there named the same as the existing ones - 200x200pixels
then the set will be available in the application.

when opened the 'rest.jpg' image is shown, so put that one in there first to check its working.
Mayfly

Post by Mayfly »

how do i save the mouths as a jpeg? right now it's just a switch layer in a project of mine. im using debut 8.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

ah, in pro you would just render the frames with control+R and save them as jpg, but in debut I dont think you can do this so you probably have to export the movie.
I would set up a switch mouth on each frame for the 10 mouths, then export the sequence as a JPEG sequence... then just rename the 10 output files accordingly.
Mayfly

Post by Mayfly »

it isnt actually a movie yet. it's just a face with a switch layer mouth. are you saying i should make a 10 frame movie and put a mouth on each frame?
Mayfly

Post by Mayfly »

can anyone that know, please help? i have searched everywhere, and it's so frustrating. i told myself i wasn't gonna give up this time, so if you could just point me to where instructions are, that would be great. papagayo instructions are so minimal, it's like they expect you to know most of that stuff out the gate. i really appreciate the help ive gotten thus far, but i didn't have any success.
Last edited by Mayfly on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dodgy

Post by Dodgy »

it isnt actually a movie yet. it's just a face with a switch layer mouth. are you saying i should make a 10 frame movie and put a mouth on each frame?
Yes.
Mayfly

Post by Mayfly »

got it. thanks you guys. i don't think i ever would've figured it out, without you.
Mayfly

Post by Mayfly »

ok, i thought i had it, but i guess not. i had the jpeg in papagayo, and i was even able to see it in the preview, but i wanted to adjust it, so i deleted it to add another. now i can't see it in the preview area. i don't understand because i repeated all the steps as the first time i did it. can someone take a look at my file to see what i have wrong if you get a chance? i don't know why i can't successfully get my mouth into papagayo.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cht2tc2cw ... intro.anme