Randomize line width and rendering strokes seperately

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

PatrickS

Randomize line width and rendering strokes seperately

Post by PatrickS »

Hi everyone, I was wondering if it is possible to randomize line width, to give the lines more life? I can't find an option in the program, does it exist? If not, is there a script done by somebody that does this?

Also, I'd like to render my strokes seperately. In the project settings you can say: "Stroke style; None", which works great for rendering your colors seperately. But if I say "Fill style; None", it makes my fills transparant, showing lines that I don't want to see. Maybe there is a way to turn all my fills white with one button click?

Another thing I was wondering, what is the use of "Style 2", in the advanced style settings? It just overrules style 1, when I apply it.
slowtiger

Re: Randomize line width and rendering strokes seperately

Post by slowtiger »

Fill style: background is the one you may use. Set your BG colour to white in the project prefs. In an editing software (or in TVPaint) you could make the whit BG transparent again.

I don't know about random line width, but with certain settings yoe get the same effect with multiple outlines set to noisy.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

EddyWally wrote:Another thing I was wondering, what is the use of "Style 2", in the advanced style settings? It just overrules style 1, when I apply it.
This allows you to create two separate styles, one for the fill and one for the stroke. So you could, for example, use the same stroke style for all shapes, while having different fill styles.

Here's good overview on how styles work: AS styles window
PatrickS

Post by PatrickS »

OK, got it thanks! Slowtiger, no idea how I could have missed that one, but it works like a charm!
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Please show some results when finished!