How to lower vector nodes while maintiaining detail

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kellz5460

How to lower vector nodes while maintiaining detail

Post by kellz5460 »

These two pictures I made have areas with alot of detail- hence alot of the vector points

This is eating up my memory and slowing my computer and it makes me scared that AS will crash as it has sometimes in the past

This is really hard with grass and on the bike chain since I drew every blade and also every chainlink on the bike chain

is there a better way to do these types of things?

OMG make it stop!
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Of course.

- do it in a bitmap program
- do it on paper
- render that image and re-import it
- any combination of all above.
JCook

Post by JCook »

For the grass you say, "I drew every blade." Maybe for that try a brush stroke instead of individual vector blades. If there is no suitable preset brush for grass you can make one. I think they are simply png files with a transparent background.

Jack
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

Yes.

Did you draw the motorcycle in Anime Studio? or import it from another program? Is that bike chain rigged to animate? or will it just be static?

As people said above, try drawing things in a bitmap program; Photoshop or GIMP or the like and importing the png files.

Simplify your vector drawings. Delete any unnecessary points or shapes. You can usually select every other point and delete it, unless the point is at a crucial corner, or the shape is very complex. As someone else in another thread pointed out, small repeating objects can me made as one "shape" in Anime Studio, which should reduce memory usage.

That grass could easily be a bitmapped texture. Don't try to put too much detail where it isn't needed. We can't discern each blade of grass.

In that building, it looks as if you've made each window out of many rectangles. Simplify this. Make them out of fewer rectangles.

I hope that helps.