Placing objects in characters hands,lacrosse stick,golf club

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

RATHAHONNI

Placing objects in characters hands,lacrosse stick,golf club

Post by RATHAHONNI »

Hi i'm having a problem placing sporting objects in a characters hands and putting it back down,such as a Golf club or a Lacrosse stick,tennis racquette etc. Any object that would be held by two hands and the rest of the bones would move in sync ,Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

The most common trick is to create the object, then duplicate it. One goes into the bone rig and is bound to the hand bone (or a special object bone), the other is an independent layer outside. Now switch visibility where needed.
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

This is something which might be good to put forward as a new feature - the ability to link/unlink bones on the timeline, maybe as a hook.

There are lots of situations where it would be useful - handshakes for instance. two characters fighting, throwing and catching a ball,etc

Anyone have more thoughts on this?

Rhoel
RATHAHONNI

Holding a sporting,stick,bat tennis racquett with two hands.

Post by RATHAHONNI »

Thanks for the prompt answers,i will try the suggestion and yes it would be an excellent tutorial for one of you advanced animators to share.Like batting a ball and throwing the bat down.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Look at my hats off video. You're subscribed to me on YouTube. I will also do a crude animation today showing a character throwing something if needed.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu