My animation doesn't export the whole picture?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Alscott

My animation doesn't export the whole picture?

Post by Alscott »

Hello, I am having a problem when completing an animation. When I export and upload the video it cuts off the top and bottom of it. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Version 8.8.1
Apple Macbook Pro
iMovie '11

How it looks in Anime Studio:

How it looks on Youtube:

Thank you very much!
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

if you're using iMovie I assume it looks right when it comes out of AS? if so, does it look right when exported from iMovie? if so, youtube seems to be doing something funny... but there's no reason I can think of that would mean AS zooms in like that on export... :roll:
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Try hitting cmd+shift+f to call up the video safe zone indicator. Make sure your project is inside the inner most square. Are you using the Youtube uploader in AS? If so try exporting your animation to your desktop instead. If its fine there then its a Youtube problem. You can also try different settings in your project settings menu.
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

YouTube is set to 16:9 default now - I suspect the movie itself is fine and in 4:3 but its YubeTude clipping your work.

Are you able to frame for 16:9? If so, you might want ot go that route as many people now prefer widescreen.

Rhoel
Alscott

Post by Alscott »

Thank you all for the replies, they were most helpful to me.

Rhoel,

Could you tell me if setting my animation to 16:9 is something I need to do in Anime Studio itself? When I export the video in HD from imovie I get that clipping.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

i'm pretty sure its 16:9 by default although your screenshot looks liek 4:3, so go to document settings and set the document size to a 16:9 format (720p) - then your work canvas will change shape, and exporting/uploading to youtube should hopefully be all good...
doing it after the fact will always cause cropping
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

Alscott wrote:Thank you all for the replies, they were most helpful to me.

Rhoel,

Could you tell me if setting my animation to 16:9 is something I need to do in Anime Studio itself?
yes, as Funks says, set ASP to one of the wide-screen modes. This will maintain the height but add more space east-west. You might have to expand your backgrounds to accommodate the wider space.

Alternatively, if you want to maintain the 4:3 look, there might be a different output option in iMovie... there are plenty of 4:3 mobile devices so there should be a switch somewhere.

Personally, I love working wide-screen and when I had to set something in 4:3 recently it felt totally alien. By contrast, I got to play with the new Canon XF-300 over the weekend... it has a 2:35 CinemaScope mode - OMG, I did enjoy 8)

Rhoel
Alscott

Post by Alscott »

I do not have the pro version, I only have debut. Can I still set it to wide-screen? Because I can't seem to find it...

Thanks
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Alscott wrote:I do not have the pro version, I only have debut. Can I still set it to wide-screen? Because I can't seem to find it...

Thanks
You can not get 720 in Debut but you can use this setting to get the same aspect ratio. Set it to 788x443, That is the best quality you will get in debut and it will be 16x9 ratio.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Alscott

Post by Alscott »

Thank you, can you tell me where to do this though? Sorry.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Hit ctrl+shift+p to call up the project settings. Use cmd+shift+p if on MAC.