exporting problem II

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

alevinson

exporting problem II

Post by alevinson »

After I sent the previous message I decided to export a shorter animation (800 frames) I was able to render it but it took 2 hours. Is this how long a 30 second animation should take to render on Quicktime or AVI? If I use a movie editing program such as Movie Plus X5 will I be able to export a 10 minute animation to the movie editing program to render it and edit the animation there? Can you post a 10 minute animation on Utube?
alevinson
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

It is rare for 800 frames to take 2 hrs to render but it is possible. For example, if you are using a lot of particles and 3D layers. I, personally have a HD scene of water that takes 20 minutes for 3 seconds of animation to render.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

In an earlier version of ASP, I had problems with longer render times, black frames and other AVI failures - it appeared to be memory allocation release issues.

So I switched to rendering HD png's instead. Still has some relase issues but it was no problem - I renedered batches, frames 1-100, 101-200 etc until I had the full sequence. It also allowed me to correct just one action within the sequence and just render those changes.

Using PNG also opened up a new possibility - png have alpha so I could output a fast run layer independently of the BG. Then I could add motion blur just on the fast run layer, leaving the background untouched.

I recombine in Combustion, or sometimes Premier.

End result was a much more efficient work-flow.

If you are able to rebuild your quicktime/avi file outside of ASP, the go for it - see what changes you get in render times.

Rhoel.
alevinson

exporting animations II

Post by alevinson »

Thanks to sbtamu and rhoel for your suggestions. I am not using particles, 3D layers, or HD. I am using anime studio 8 pro. My project setting is NTSC D1 Widescreen (872X486) eventhough my TV monitor is 1081p. So, I should only be rendering at 872x486. I tried to render that same animation sequence of 800 frames at the half frame setting on the export animation window. It took one hour to render it, which is still too long. I will trying to reduce the resolution in the Project Setting to Web resolution. I just want to export my animation to Utube and my website and be able to burn it on a DVD. I, expect my completed animation to to run about 10 minutes (15,000 frames),
Sbtamu, in an earlier post, you mentioned that you used Movie Plus X5. Can you export an Anime Studio animation to that video editing program?
alevinson