Anime Studio Point tool Vs. Adobe Illustrator's

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Smoof nickel

Anime Studio Point tool Vs. Adobe Illustrator's

Post by Smoof nickel »

For those of you who use Illustrator, or have before, what are your thoughts on the point tools that these programs have? I have recently started doing more illustration type work, or have been trying to, but I find Illustrator's pen tool to be a huge pain in the ass, compared to the one in Anime Studio. I think the Anime Studio version of the pen tool is far more efficient. Too bad Illustrator doesn't have the same kind of pen tool. Anyway, I just wanted some opinions.. I feel like I've been babied while using Anime Studio's awesome point/pen tool. Haha..

-Thanks! :oops:
Do not evaluate your attempts or your intentions. Instead, evaluate your results.
cucumihai

Post by cucumihai »

To me it was the other way around, i was used to Photoshop's pen tool and when i got AS i didn't like the add points tool very much but now i love it and it's great for the characters although i'm still drawing my backgrounds in Photoshop and thats only because i know Photoshop very well and i'm faster that way.
And yeah, Illustrator is a pain in the ass but when you got it, it's a very powerfull tool.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

I prefer AS' add points and the way it gives you per-point line thickness as well as the way you can have points linked to several lines - for me, these functions are missing from illustrator.

Illustrators pen tool performance is FAR superior though.