Add items for use in the character wizrds

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

adub99

Add items for use in the character wizrds

Post by adub99 »

Ive read a little recently where people are saying you can add stuff to the character wizard (except bodies)
How would i go about, for example, adding a new photo head (or other item such as a hand, foot etc)
I can see where the files are stored, but am unsure how to get my images into the right format (.anme) to be able to use them
Thanks folks

Andy
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

There is a large thread on just that!

viewtopic.php?t=19280
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Hey Andy, here's a quick demo on how to add images and custom parts to the CW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jso1xSZ0CY
adub99

Post by adub99 »

jonbo, thanks a million. VERY helpful, VERY informative and simple enough for me to follow.
Once again, thanks, I'm now able to get cracking on some stuff that this was proving a stumbling block for me
I can see now, as I delve deeper and deeper into it, just how complicated this character creation subject is, though its well worth the effort to do it right in the first place !

Cheers and take care.

Oh, btw. sorry, thanks GCharb too, some of the stuff in the other thread was rally interesting too, and has helped me get an understanding as to whats possible in AS with characte creation
JCook

Post by JCook »

jonbo, that's a very clear tutorial, one of the better ones I've seen. Thanks for doing that.

Also, I love the castle on your desktop!

Jack
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Thanks Jack. I'm thinking of doing one showing some tips on how I modify the exported characters. The castle is from a MS theme I got from their website. :)