Having Trouble with Point Motion

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Fieri

Having Trouble with Point Motion

Post by Fieri »

So after doing a few tutorials and reading through the manual, I decided to test out a simple animation. I only have one vector layer within a bone layer. After doing a bit of animating, I decided I wanted to go back and pretty up my object by moving a few of the points around at frame 0. But after pressing play, the points moved back to their original places. I noticed that if I deleted the point motion in my animation, the points I changed at frame 0 would be applied through the whole animation, like I wanted, but I didn't want to delete any animation. So, instead, when I wanted to change a point at frame 0, I clicked Reset with the Translate tool active at nearly every point motion keyframe in order to keep the point from going back to its original position.

Is there a way to change a point at frame 0, so that it applies to later frames unless changed manually, without going to each keyframe and hitting Reset?

(Hopefully, you can understand what I mean--it was a bit difficult to describe.)
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

You cannot animate at frame 0, only 1 and forward.

Frame 0 is the set-up frame.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

so you already did point motion across the timeline but would like to change the 'default' position of certain points?

Select the points you corrected at frame 0, then you will see there will be a red line with keyframes, these are JUST for the selected points, so you can select the entire red lane (click on the channel icon to the left of frame 0) and delete those keys (alt+backspace) which should fix all selected points position (to what they would be, given the new frame 0 position)

if you need to correct any at frames other than 0 don't forget that all 'space' between specified keys will be a transition - i.e. if you change frame 100 on a point, it will move from frame 0 position to frame 100, so you might want to put a hold frame (a copy of frame 0, or the previous frame position) at frame 90 (for example, depending on when the correction should start)

hope this makes sense, I think Gilles may have misunderstood your problem :)
Fieri

Post by Fieri »

Thank you! That was exactly what I needed.
bowen

Post by bowen »

The pseudo random of chaotic state is described according to the motion of point in phase :wink:
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

funksmaname wrote:I think Gilles may have misunderstood your problem :)
I always put it on the language barrier! ;)

But looking back on it, my answer was a bit lame and unfocused, sorry about that! :)