Some questions..

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Shepard

Some questions..

Post by Shepard »

Hi guys, I have some questions :oops: I order the questions:

1. How to create very smooth animations like this:
viewtopic.php?t=18934
or this:
viewtopic.php?t=19376

?

2. In the preview (CTRL+R) the screenshot it's right, but in "timeline" the frames are simple and poor, without effect (like shadows and else)...can I render the frames while I draw and do animations?

3. I trying to add shadow and motion blur to my layers...but, without a preview, settings are very difficult to do!
There's a mod that add the preview screen in the layer settings?

4. In style effect for shapes, when I want insert a gradient color:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1200/cattura1so.png

can I adjust the angle? The result is even from bottom to top...
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

To answer your questions, I'll start with the last one

#4: click on the shape with the gradient applied to it with the select shape tool. You'll see a red circle appear on the shape . click on it and drag it around to change the angle of the gradient.

#3: not that I know of.

#2: click on the display quality button on the lower right side and check off shape effects option.

#1: all I can say is LOTS of hard work. There is no certain way. It really depends on how you make your character, how it's rigged, and how much work you put into the animation. The best advice is to get some animation books and learn what makes for good animation. I recommend THE ANIMATOR'S SURVIVAL KIT by Richard Williams.
Shepard

Post by Shepard »

Jonbo, thanks for your answers, really.
I solved all theese problem thanks your help.

About the point 1, the "very smooth animations", I have read very tutorial about this, but, those video are incredible!!

For example, you said that for create very smooth animations are also essential how character is rigged...
For this point, I have read very tutorial, but I haven't understand the different between "region blinding" and "flexible blinding"... I have also watched a video for this, but nothing! I can't see any difference...
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

flexible binding is automatic based on the bones influence weight (bone strength tool) - this results in crossover areas where different bones effect the same points. this isn't always wanted so...

region binding is when you manually specify points to be locked to a particular bone with the 'bind points' tool. You select a bone while on the vector layer and then select points and click the assign button.
this way is more work but more precise.

you can also move all parts far away from eachother and use flexible binding and then the bone offset tool to put things back together but this isn't so straight forward for parts that are actually connected.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Regarding the first link, spoooze described his technique here (sadly the video is no longer available):
"Baldy" Tests (TVPaint and Anime Studio hybrid)
spoooze wrote:How I did it:

I drew all of the rough animation out straight into TVPaint (see video). I drew out all of my major key poses and breakdowns so all that I had left was straight inbetweens.

Then I imported that video into Anime studio and fitted the model over my animation leaving Anime Studio to fill in the rest of the inbetweens.
When he says "fitted the model", he's referring to constructing shapes over his storyboards, then using point motion to interpolate between keys poses.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

btw, i think i gave you some duff advice as I confused manual binding with region/flexible binding. the difference of those is described on page 69 of the manual:
Flexible binding (the default for new bone layers) uses a method
of bone binding where every bone has some influence over every
point in a vector layer. The farther away a point is from a bone,
the less influence that bone has over the point. However, you can
still experience some rubbery movement where a moving arm
can cause a toe to twitch a little bit.

With region binding, on the other hand, every bone has a cutoff
radius, outside of which it will not affect the movement of vector
points. This can be used for cleaner movement, but requires a
little extra setup.
so, region binding will allow you to have clean rigging on parts that aren't too close together... imo, it should be the default setting.