How do I get new objects to come in to the scene?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

shaseiful

How do I get new objects to come in to the scene?

Post by shaseiful »

I created my first Anime project yesterday. I did it without bones, because I am not ready to learn those yet... but I was having a terrible time trying to get new things to be added in at later timelines.

Below is my small video, I had to take the project into iMovie to put in the credits, but I wanted to add them in with animation in Anime, but every time I added them into the project they came in to the beginning instead of at the end. I have not been able to find a simple answer in the manual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MqYTvcYXrA

Thank you for your help.

This forum is such a wonderful resource.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

You don't have to be on frame zero to import, simply go to the frame you want and use the file/import/ file type, the object/movie/ image will be hidden until that frame and then be visable from then on. You can also use the sequencer tab over the timeline to drag the layer to the frame you want.
shaseiful

Thank you.

Post by shaseiful »

I also learned how to hide the object in the layers panel and then un hide it when I am on the frame I want it to appear!! Thans again for taking the time to answer my question!
bowen

Post by bowen »

Can the editor of components,In a movie clip beat the number of frames insert code。
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

bowen wrote:Can the editor of components,In a movie clip beat the number of frames insert code。
Thanks! I'll get right on it...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Dadoo

Re: Thank you.

Post by Dadoo »

shaseiful wrote:I also learned how to hide the object in the layers panel and then un hide it when I am on the frame I want it to appear!! Thans again for taking the time to answer my question!
So, how DO you hide an object in the layers panel and un-hide it like you mentioned? I need to know, because I can't figure it out!
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

I think shaseiful was talking about layer`s visibility, probably a layer containing one object, and it could be done by doubleclicking on desired layer (at layers panel) which would bring up the layer settings panel... and there you may check or uncheck visibility.

Otherwise, I would also like to know if it is possible to hide single object from the same layer (i.e. just the triangle and not the circle).
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

yes you can. use shape select to choose the shape then click on the color in the style palette to call up the color settings and set the alpha to zero. do the same to the stroke.
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

Well of course, haven't thought that way. Thanks for the tip, jonbo :wink:
Dadoo

Post by Dadoo »

Maestral wrote:I think shaseiful was talking about layer`s visibility, probably a layer containing one object, and it could be done by doubleclicking on desired layer (at layers panel) which would bring up the layer settings panel... and there you may check or uncheck visibility.

Otherwise, I would also like to know if it is possible to hide single object from the same layer (i.e. just the triangle and not the circle).
Thanks! That TOTALLY worked!