Jibjab in asb 8

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Asterix

Jibjab in asb 8

Post by Asterix »

Is there any new features in ASD 8 to make jibJab. I don't want to repeat other post like viewtopic.php?t=17564&highlight=jib
But if there is something new I would like to know. I trial Crazy talk pro and it dose a good job there: body and face.
ASP 7.1
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Well if your not too picky about how the body looks you can use the character wizard to make it and replace the head with a photo made like guyver shows in this video, you can pump out a jib jab style animation pretty quickly. Since debut doesn't have group layers you would have to use bone layers instead to do the masking. here's the link to the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLfU5G4r ... ideo_title[/b]
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Short answer: yes, you can do it.

Long answer: You can do it, but don't expect it to be as easy as Crazytalk or the Jibjab website. In AS you have to create your content by hand, that means, you have to create and prepare all the photographs (not in AS but in Photoshop or another bitmap program), crop them (isolate them on a transparent background), import them into AS, and rig them with the skeleton.
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Actually, CrazyTalk or CrazyTalk Animator isn't ideally suited for jibjab either, since jibjab is a very specific style of animation. In CrazyTalk, using facial fitting features, the eyes and mouth move in a more realisitic manner, where jibjab is a very definite separation of the lower jaw from the upper, and moved purely up and down.

Anime Studio Pro would be much better suited to jibjab than CA or CTA, although it would still require a bit of preparation.