Is there a tute on customizing your own chr wizard pieces?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rpc9943

Is there a tute on customizing your own chr wizard pieces?

Post by rpc9943 »

Is there a tutorial, video, or blog to describe how this can be done?

Thanks!

RonC
Anime Studio, Xara Xtreme 4, Magix Movie Edit Pro 11, Papagayo, Ableton Live 8, Artrage Deluxe
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

not yet, but they showed the basics in the webinar, should be up on youtube tonight or tomorrow.
rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 »

nice. This will hopefully be the key to actually finishing up my characters for my cartoon ideas... I hope.
Anime Studio, Xara Xtreme 4, Magix Movie Edit Pro 11, Papagayo, Ableton Live 8, Artrage Deluxe
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Go to "Program Files\Smith Micro\Anime Studio Pro 8\Character Wizard\" and check the folders there.
For example, go to "Feet" folder, open "Bare.anme" modify each layer to make the feet you want and save it with another name. Now restart AS and your new feet will be on the Character wizard. That's all.

Note that pure yellow color (FFFF00) represents the skin color, if you paint any part with that color, it then will assume the color of the skin you define in Character wizard screen.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Distinct Sun

Post by Distinct Sun »

There is some information in the manual as well.
Page 386 of the Pro manual describes designing your own actions.
Page 388 cover a little about creating your own content.
It also points out information about the importance of origin points, colors for CW hair and stroke control.

They state this in the manual and I would agree. look at the samples provided, about how they set-up layer group naming especially and how the content is sized in regards to the project dimensions. with a little poking around and experimenting you'll be able to replace head, eyes, hands and feet with anything you want. Not fully putting your own character design through the wizard, but if you are working with a biped. I think it helps.