noob question

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

winknotes

noob question

Post by winknotes »

This is something I've done more than once and don't have a good solution to the problem.

When I'm creating a character from scratch and NOT tracing from an image, I tend to make the character too big. Starting with the head and on down until at least the lower body and legs are outside the workspace.

I suppose the right thing to do is scale each layer one by one, but I've also put everything under a group layer and scaled the whole thing down together. While this is quicker I'm wondering if it will cause problems down the road that I'm not aware of.
Steve Winkler

Anime Studio Pro 6.2
Windows 7 64-bit
Poopee

Post by Poopee »

Personally what I do is to copy/paste the content of each layers into a single layer, then select all and scale it up or down, then paste everything back to separate layers.

I know it sounds tedious but if you scale from a group layer or bone layer, if you ever get anything out of said layer, it will resolve back to the original scaling, which gave me trouble in the past.

Once you re used to it it goes real fast.

Poopee
winknotes

Post by winknotes »

Poopee wrote:Personally what I do is to copy/paste the content of each layers into a single layer, then select all and scale it up or down, then paste everything back to separate layers.

I know it sounds tedious but if you scale from a group layer or bone layer, if you ever get anything out of said layer, it will resolve back to the original scaling, which gave me trouble in the past.

Once you re used to it it goes real fast.

Poopee
That's exactly what happened to me which is what prompted this question. I am familiar with "mixing" down layers which is how I've come to do mouths in particular. I'll give that a shot.

Thanks,
Steve Winkler

Anime Studio Pro 6.2
Windows 7 64-bit