Why don't all my layers export?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Frazer

Why don't all my layers export?

Post by Frazer »

Hey, I'm a complete beginner at Anime Studio, but was using it fine until I came to export my second file to AVI format.

After I have exported the file to AVI format and play it, only certain parts of my animation are there. My character and background are, and yet my soundtrack (.wav file) and a .mov file (that came with Anime Studio) aren't. I can see them fine when I'm actually editing the animation, but whatever I try, they disappear when I export. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can't find a fix for this. Any help you could give me would be excellent.

Thanks,
- Jay.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Did you start the render at a frame other than 1, assuming you imported them at frame 0 ? For example, did you start the render at frame 2 or higher? If so you will need to drag those files to that frame or farther vie the sequencer.

In other words the files you imported must be within the timeline that is being rendered.

If you imported at frame 0 and rendered from frame 1 then there is a different problem.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Frazer

Post by Frazer »

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I imported all the files at frame 0 and rendered from frame 1.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Try dealing with one problem at a time. If you have Audacity, the freeware sound editor, import the wav file and then export it at 16 bit, 44 kHz. Then try importing that file into an empty Anime Studio file. If that works, try then importing it into your current Anime Studio file. If THAT works, then you have solved at least one of your problems.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

double-click the layers in question and make sure you haven't ticked the box that says 'don't render this layer'.
Frazer

Post by Frazer »

Hi, thanks all, but now another problem has come up. I attempted to open my .anme file to try your suggestions, but I now get the error:

Could not open file.
Error details:

Read error at line 3058. In code file: ...\..\lib_moho\audiolayer.cpp, line 77.

I don't seem to be able to open any of my saved .anme files now, they all come up with a very similar error, just with a different error line. Sorry to be a pain, but if anybody knows a fix for this I'd be grateful. I don't mind removing the audio if that's all it takes, but I'm not entirely sure how.

Thanks again.
winknotes

Post by winknotes »

I'm a noob as far as Anime Studio goes, but not with computers in general. So just to check off simple troubleshooting items so we can quicker help you get going did you try rebooting your computer? I suppose a more drastic measure might be to reinstall ASP. Although I'm wondering too if jahnocli is on the right track and all your wave files are 48k rather than 44.1k.

Steve Winkler
Frazer

Post by Frazer »

Just looked and you're right. My .wav files are 48k! Thanks very much for your help, this must be the problem.
However, I am unable to open any of my existing .anme files. Will I need to redo them all, or is there a fix?

Thanks so much again for your help everyone.