Import audio file

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

gammer

Import audio file

Post by gammer »

I tried to import wav mp3 and wma file to the anime studio and it keeps telling that its not supported :x please tell me whats up with that because its driving me crazy
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Same here. WHAT file format is actually supported?
winknotes

Post by winknotes »

According to the manual only WAV and AIFF are supported for both Debut and Pro.

I'm also pretty sure WAV has to be 44.1k and 16 bit.

Hope that helps. Oh I should mention I'm getting this from Version 6 manual so it's possible mp3 support was added for Version 7.
Steve Winkler

Anime Studio Pro 6.2
Windows 7 64-bit
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

wma files aren't supported, but mp3's are but you have to have Quicktime installed. The audio has to be mp3 in order to export to swf.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Ok, thank you. Let's just say that it would be good if AS would allow 48000km since it is the D<vd standard
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

I think Slowtiger pointed this out in a post once upon a time - but depending on your desired production quality you shouldn't really rely on AS to export all your video AND audio into a movie file and "Bobs ya uncle".

Should use audio in AS as cues only to get lyp-syncing and SFX right - then composite in Final Cut Pro or similar with you uncompressed video and audio.

Of course, all depends on your use - if it's for web, or just YouTube exporting from AS should suffice. Anything else you'll want to put the hard work in 8)
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

cheyne wrote: Should use audio in AS as cues only to get lyp-syncing and SFX right - then composite in Final Cut Pro or similar with you uncompressed video and audio.
Thats actually the way I work. Indeed, I just wanted to import the audio files for lip-sync and then assemble the silent avis with the voice files in the Video Editing Program. So theres no drama in downsampling a copy of audio file from 48000 to 44 for that purpose. Still, I wider range of import possibilities would be good.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

it'd also be rad if AS had more sound export options.
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

@Diana

Cool as, I am definitely no professional so just sharing some knowledge :-D Yeah it would be nice to have some more import options, but wouldn't it mostly come down to LICENSES? I.e. wouldn't Smith Micro pay for the privilege to use Quicktime, MP3 etc.? Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that was part of the problem for most of the smaller software companies.

@Mikdog

More export capabilities down the track would be nice. Make AS a real workhorse, haha. But I'd trade those in with more features and improvements for animating as opposed to sound import/export options. Personal preference of course.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

@Cheyne: You are right, its probably about license issues.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Oh no! I just coverted a file into 16bit 44k and AQS says "file format not supported". What the hell is wrong... :evil:
ToonPosers

Post by ToonPosers »

I had the same problem and i finally realised what was wrong. I am from greece and my sound file was named with greek letters so the AS could not recognise it. When i renamed it with english characters it was imported just fine. That is also happening if the file is inside a folder with non english characters. Generally, the whole path of the file must be with english characters. Good luck!
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Yep AS doesn't like any irregular or special characters. The program kept on crashing over and over when I wanted to render until I pinpointed it down to a layer that had the 'copyright' ( © ) sign in it from Photoshop, as a layer name I think. Took some head-scratching, but eventually remembered that I shouldn't use any characters out of the normal keyboard stuff. I think it happened to me before years ago but I forgot.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Okay, this seems to be the solution. I saved a wav file just under c:/ with a normal name and it worked, both in AS and papagayo.

Thanks for the advice! 8)