Creating an image for print in AS.

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

anniemoe

Creating an image for print in AS.

Post by anniemoe »

I did alot of searching about this on the site and some others. Alot of it is confusing still. The tools in AS is alot better deasier than Photoshop. how do you save an image for print only using AS? Is that even possiable?

Thanks guys.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

You can only save an image with Pro. In pro, when you preview the shot you will see a box on the lower left and when you click on it you can save as the usual formats.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

just remember to have a big size for the project (on project settings) before saving the image.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
anniemoe

Post by anniemoe »

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS. :D

@selgin... Thanks for the know. In project setting i have Width 872 and Height 486. I have the NTSC D1 selected as well. Will this create a printable image that's clear?

In PS you have the 300dpi, but with AS you have somethings i've never seen. My searches got me more lost.

Thanks.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Just be sure the document be big. I think more than 2000 pixels would be fine. It's better to have a huge original for prints.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

dpi is no mystery. "300 dpi" means "300 dots/pixels per inch".

How big do you want to print? Let's say you want to print 10 x 10 inch. Easy math says your image needs to be created in 3000 x 3000 px.
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

Like others say, the more pixels the better for qualities sake.

There is another post with details about that viewtopic.php?t=18024&highlight=print

I posted some links about explaining dpi and pixels and all that stuff for print (if you feel like reading 8) ), plus some other suggestions like exporting to Flash for a resolution independent file.
anniemoe

Post by anniemoe »

cheyne wrote:Like others say, the more pixels the better for qualities sake.

There is another post with details about that viewtopic.php?t=18024&highlight=print

I posted some links about explaining dpi and pixels and all that stuff for print (if you feel like reading 8) ), plus some other suggestions like exporting to Flash for a resolution independent file.
I got it. Thanks, guys.

@Cheyne... that's the post i was talking about. It confused me. I know my way around Photoshop two times over and saving for print with it. I just wanted to know how to create crisp clean images ONLY using AS. The tools are much better than Illustrator.

I did search on this site about and on the web. :wink: