Extra lines at a different key other than frame 0

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

prabhat

Extra lines at a different key other than frame 0

Post by prabhat »

Hi,

Sometimes we need to add extra lines to a particular object e.g. cloth moving. As the cloth moves, we want add extra lines to show new curves/folds at diffrent stages.

How do we make these extra lines appear and disappear in a particular segment?

Regards

Prabhat MOHANTY
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

I can think of one way:

Make different layers for the different lines and make them visible and not visible when you need them.

Hope this helps!

CrAzY Dan :wink:
15 year old Anime Studio user...
27/12/06: Im back and ready to get creating again!!
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Forgive me if it don't work this way, but I believe it does. You might try animating the line width. Set the line width to zero, it should go away. Set it back to anything above zero, and it should pop back in.
Nichod

Post by Nichod »

Not sure if 7feet's approach does work (don't have moho in front of me), but if it does you may want to edit the curves of the transition from 0 to ? in the graph to get the look you are after. See here: http://www.lostmarble.com/moho/manual/i ... ayers.html for more info.

I think both methods would work well.

Brian
Sometimes in order to accomplish something you need to not sleep.
Tburlingame2003

Extra Lines visability

Post by Tburlingame2003 »

Make copies of the complete finished animation. Add extra lines in the Vector tab on the 2nd or more copies (nolines, one extra, 3 extra). Drop ALL into a switch layer, right click layer to set a switch keyframe (drop down list).
This will only work on the entire layer, but it will work with copied groups too (separate clothing and characture).
This technique will work in established data files too (lip synch phoenemes) to add twitches or smiles when those layers are in the switch file.

Also right clicking timeline will add a null key (add a second key at end of desired sequence). This works INTERPOLATE layers in switch DATA tab. It allows changes on multiple layers without it remaining through switch file sequence.

Example: adding a blink in a switch file for lip synch.

You must work on the current layer (right click switch file shows current keys layer when possition on timeline is at DATA generated key)

open switch and select layer, add a null keyframe (right click) in Point motion or selected point motion line of the timeline. Then add one after the change ends.

Move two or three frames forward, move lid for blink (selection grouping works wonderfully here, but only on copys of the original file, importing seems to loose selections), move foreward about double the frames, close eye lids.
7feet

Post by 7feet »

It doesn't appear that Moho let's you just set the line width in the Styles panel to zero any more (did in 4.6, but it's quite a different setup now). So there's a different simple alternative. Where you want the line to exist, set the line color to fully opaque. Where you want it to disappear, set it it fully transparent. If the keyframe type is "Step" then the lines will just pop in and out.