Poser 7 to Anime Studio Pro 7

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cyberife

Poser 7 to Anime Studio Pro 7

Post by cyberife »

How so I pass a Poser scene (PZ7) to Anime Studio?
There is a 15 second video that is useless to me. I can not follow what they are doing on screen.
There is half a paragraph in the Anime Studio manual, that helps a little.

If anyone knows, please tell me step by step.
jonbo

poser to anime studio

Post by jonbo »

while in poser, go to file, save as, save your scene in a file that you can find easily. While in anime studio go to file, import, poser scene and import the scene that you saved in poser.it is also important to make sure the path to the poser program is correct in AS. To do this go to edit, preferences, options. You should find the pathway listed there and can change it if it is incorrect. I have just started working with the poser interface in AS and can see some real potential. Hope this helps :)
rogermate

Re: poser to anime studio

Post by rogermate »

jonbo wrote: I have just started working with the poser interface in AS and can see some real potential. Hope this helps :)
Could you elaborate on the poser integration with AS? My understanding is that you need to have Poser installed on your PC in order to access the file in AS. I'm guessing this is built on something like OLE, if microsoft has some newer name for it.
jonbo

poser to anime studio

Post by jonbo »

I don't know a whole lot about it, but you are correct in that you need to have poser installed on your PC. I think you are right in that it must be similar to OLE , because the AS manual says that the objects in the scene must be in a library folder that poser recognizes in order for the poser tool and poser parameter window to function properly. So far I've only tried a few poser imports. Some of them work well when adjusting the parameters in AS and sometimes they can be tricky. One trick I have found is to have the inverse kinetics option on the hands and feet turned on in poser. This allows greater movement of the limbs with the parameters feature in AS. I've also tried a few basic actions and morphs that seemed to work for me. I did a very basic test that you can see, if you go to YouTube and search WOLFTEST/AS/POSER . It's very rough, timing was off, but it shows a hint of what might be possible. :?
cyberife

Post by cyberife »

Thanks for the reply.
Still not working for me. Reinstalled Poser 7 from the disk and same thing. Next is a reinstall for ASP7, I received my disk in the mail a couple of days ago.

ASP7 sees the file. The path is correct. I load the file into ASP7 and then nothing. Maybe with a reinstall from disk, maybe both programs will see each other.[/img]
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I think, I am not sure, but I am almost sure that Poser 8 is the last version you need to work with AS 7. I used Poser 8 when testing.

You don't need Poser to import Poser files. If you do have Poser it allows you to make changes in Poser or AS 7. So if you repose a Poser file in AS 7 and save that file, when you open in Poser the changes you made in AS are in the file.

-vern
cyberife

Post by cyberife »

According to Smith-Micro, Poser 7 should work.
Still waiting on my disk to try a reinstall.
According to UPS the software is still in California.
Oddly enought I can get software from Nottingham, England faster, using regular mail, than I can from California using UPS, USP or Fed Ex.[/u]
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

I don't have Poser Seven, But in Poser Eight you have the option to save files as either compressed or uncompressed files. I was curious, if seven had this option, and whether changing it to the opposite would have any effect. Also, I've noticed longer load times on some of my poser imports, depending upon the complexity of the scene. The AS manual says things like dynamic hair on a figure are resource intensive. Maybe your scene is too complex for AS. :?
cyberife

Post by cyberife »

I'll have to check on compression.
I have been using the figures that come with poser 7.
I should be getting an hour glass if the load is taking awhile.
The problem is most likely me, but I want to do a reload from disk to make sure. I am moving from ASP 5.6 to ASP 7 and I am moving slowly through the tutorials.
cocoOS

Re: poser to anime studio

Post by cocoOS »

Hi jombo...I've AS pro 7 and I'm trying use poser 8 but when try import a poser escene can happen 2 thing:
1) appears a error tell something about error in the poser path or serialization (then I check inside AS configuration but this has the correct path)

2)simply it does nothing..don't appear new escenes, new layer..nothing...:(

I don't understand this well : "the AS manual says that the objects in the scene must be in a library folder that poser recognizes in order for the poser tool and poser parameter window to function properly."..need I save my escene in a specific folder??...

I don't know what can I do?..if you can help me I appreciate it :D
jonbo wrote:while in poser, go to file, save as, save your scene in a file that you can find easily. While in anime studio go to file, import, poser scene and import the scene that you saved in poser.it is also important to make sure the path to the poser program is correct in AS. To do this go to edit, preferences, options. You should find the pathway listed there and can change it if it is incorrect. I have just started working with the poser interface in AS and can see some real potential. Hope this helps :)