Switching Scenes

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Yamino

Switching Scenes

Post by Yamino »

Hi guys! Total newb here, trying to write a review for Pro 7. I've gotten the hang of simple animations on a character with bones, but how would I switch to a closeup of their face, or zoom in?

Also, if I want to switch to a new location and character, how do I do that? I'm sure it must be something extremely simple, but I haven't figured it out/found a tutorial online yet. =(

Any help would be appreciated! =)
Last edited by Yamino on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
sbtamu

Re: Switching from one scene to the next

Post by sbtamu »

Yamino wrote:Hi guys! Total newb here, trying to write a review for Pro 7. I've gotten the hang of simple animations on a character with bones, but how would I switch to a closeup of their face, or zoom in?

Also, if I want to switch to a new location and character, how do I do that? I'm sure it must be something extremely simple, but I haven't figured it out/found a tutorial online yet. =(
Please use the software's help section, It tells you how to zoom in. Click on help/help and do the tutorials. :D :D :D
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Yamino

Post by Yamino »

I don't think you understood my question, lol. I know how to zoom in and out while working, but I want to actually zoom in on a face for the animation (for dramatic effect, etc.)

Also, I'm still not sure how to switch to a new scene- is it just a matter of making the previously used layers invisible and making each scene on a new layer?
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Yamino wrote:I don't think you understood my question, lol. I know how to zoom in and out while working, but I want to actually zoom in on a face for the animation (for dramatic effect, etc.)

Also, I'm still not sure how to switch to a new scene- is it just a matter of making the previously used layers invisible and making each scene on a new layer?
Do that in post production, Use ASP for the work only and an outside software to combine scenes. Do not expect to do a complete story in one ASP file.

What i do is do a scene and after i get it the way i want i render it and tuck it away.... Then i start from scratch on scene 2 (a lot of times i will just rename the file and use the previous scene and just edit it) and import AS objects as needed for the next scene.
I do not think anyone here tries to do more than one scene per render or file here. Infact I think most cut and render after each camera change.
Last edited by sbtamu on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for bad animation

Yamino

Post by Yamino »

Really? That's bizarre, isn't it? I would have expected this program to have everything you need to make a finished animation. I think it's silly that they expect you to have other movie editing software. Fortunately I do, but it's not that easy to get a hold of for most people. O-o

It's especially a pain if I want to cut during one character talking and have them continue speaking in the next scene- how does one match the audio up right?
Last edited by Yamino on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Yamino wrote:Really? That's bizarre, isn't it? I would have expected this program to have everything you need to make a finished animation. I think it's silly that they expect you to have other movie editing software. Fortunately I do, but it's not that easy to get a hold of for most people. O-o

It's especially a pain if I want to cut during one character talking and have them continue speaking in the next scene- how does one match the audio up right? Sounds like a huge pain.
Oh please not another person gonna think one program is a "do it all" no more replies to u...
Sorry for bad animation

Yamino

Post by Yamino »

Well, considering that the program is marketed at people who aren't trained to animate and probably don't have the finances to purchase multiple programs, I don't think it's so crazy to expect that one should be able to make a finished product using just Anime Studio.

I hope someone will less attitude will help me, because I am eager to learn this.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Yamino wrote:Well, considering that the program is marketed at people who aren't trained to animate and probably don't have the finances to purchase multiple programs, I don't think it's so crazy to expect that one should be able to make a finished product using just Anime Studio.

I hope someone will less sarcasm will help me, because I am eager to learn this.
I am sorry If you think I'm sarcastic but you asked a question and I answered. I gave you the best answer to allow you to animate a story. If you do not like my answers then I'm sorry you do not have the finances to do it my way, You asked how and I answered the best I could. In your original post you did not say anything about a limited budget. So next time you might want to think about what your parameters are in your post before calling members "sarcastic"
Sorry for bad animation

lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

If you just want to change your camera shot, you can do that by using the camera tools near the bottom of the left hand tool bar. The camera info will show up in the animation timeline. It's changing the entire scene that most people start a fresh file. However, it can be done in one file if necessary.
tonym

Post by tonym »

You can animate several scenes within one animation. Merely use the camera tools to instantly zoom from place to place.

For example, you could draw a castle over here, a spaceship over there, and a room in the spaceship someplace else, then jump from scene to scene via camera moves.
Yamino

Post by Yamino »

Ah, ok! Thank you, I knew there had to be a way to do it. :D

I'll give it a try now. The animation I'm working on now is a lot more ambitious than the little tests I've done previously, so we'll see how well it works. I'm trying a lot of new things at once. :D
Imago

Post by Imago »

There are another method.
Switch layer... You can put your complete scene into a Switch layer and change it when you need.
Look the "dancing cat" animation on the library, there is an expample you can study.
There are only a problem: You have to "drag" the scene to its starting frame, but with new ASP7 features you can do it quickly.
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
Trusty Mutsi

I have a similar question...

Post by Trusty Mutsi »

Actually, I have a similar question:

I am on a limited budget. I'm using the trial of Anime Studio Debut 7, and it looks like I'll need to use another program to edit scenes together and add music for the entire cartoon. Which program would you guys recommend for this? Anything free or not too expensive?

I am currently using Windows XP, and also have a Linux (Ubuntu) machine.

Thanks for any help!

*EDIT*

Found some answers. If anyone else is interested: VirtualDub and Windows Movie Maker should so the trick!
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Also, I would suggest downloading Audacity and GIMP, both are free and very useful.
Sorry for bad animation

Trusty Mutsi

Post by Trusty Mutsi »

sbtamu wrote:Also, I would suggest downloading Audacity and GIMP, both are free and very useful.
What would Audacity and GIMP be used for? More editing post-ASD7?