Previous version

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

wagmun

Previous version

Post by wagmun »

How can I save an anime 6 file into a previous AS version format (namely v. 5)?
Tks for your help.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

You can't using AS, but I know that you can edit the file using notepad to downgrade it. Anyway, I don't know how to do that.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Not sure about earlier versions, but for 5.6, this might give you a direction on how to do it (sorry, there nested links you'll have to follow).

Save as 5.6

Maybe a talented scripter here could come up with something? :wink:
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

neeters_guy wrote:Maybe a talented scripter here could come up with something? :wink:
Like Mike? :)

It's kind of standard in programs like Micro$oft Word, Flash and Adobe Acrobat to have a method to export to earlier versions of itself. IT's from simple marketing reasons - Why upgrade to the latest version if no-one else can read your files??

Smith Micro might like to consider I am aware of at least 4 other pro-users who have not upgraded to 6 specifically due to this reason. If we do, we shoot ourselves in the foot, excluding current working relationships.

Rhoel
crsP

Post by crsP »

I have converted from Anime Studio to Moho [the other way doesn't require conversion] and that was fairly easy and obvious. But when I tried the AS6 demo I loaded one of my projects from AS5 and accidently saved. I can't see anything obvious to change - deleting the lines that causes the error just leads to a different error. So that was a few hours work down the drain.