Clothes

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Imago

Clothes

Post by Imago »

I have to improve this jacket... But I'm too bad drawing clothes! :cry:
For now it remember a cook wear too much...
Someone can suggest some good modify?
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
muffysb

Post by muffysb »

I don't remember seeing sailor uniforms that button up that way...it does look like a cook's uniform.

I just did a google image search for "sailor suit," and most of the sailor outfits I'm seeing have no buttons, their collars aren't buttoned up the neck, and -- most importantly -- they have a loose blue "tie" around their necks:

http://www.justout.com/uploads/01_Blog_ ... ailor2.jpg

But these are '40s-style American outfits...ones from other countries or eras are probably very different.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

I really love this style of jacket. If you want it to look more like a military uniform, you could give it a more tailored look. The flap with the button holes can be angled to accentuate broad shoulders. And the waist can be made more fitted. These might help as references: Robotech, old fashioned English army uniforms, Battle Star Galactica Uniforms. Not the best examples, but the first ones that came to mind... :) Another thing is to make the jacket look like it has its own shape. That way it won't look like it's made of stretchy fabric. Can't wait to see more of your character! :D
Imago

Post by Imago »

Thanks, lwaxana, that is what I'm looking for! :D
The Battlestar Galactica and Robotech ones are very good, but I have a low level of modifications on the shoulders due to my setup tecnique.
It's a mix of Cut-out and vectorial, very fast to create a char, very slow to modify...
About crease and wrinkles, how can I make them? There are some "rule" to follow?
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Imago, I'm not good at drawing wrinkles myself, but I do know of a tutorial. This is an old site that has lots of non-animation tutorials. But be careful because when I tried to type in the website, I typed in the domain without the "www." and got a different site. At the same instance I got a notice from Norton AntiVirus that I have a virus. I don't know if that is related to that other website. :( Doing a virus scan now... :( But this is the link to the real website:

http://www.polykarbon.com/tutorials/

The tutorial on clothing wrinkles is the one called "the physics of folds."
Uolter

Post by Uolter »

Ciao Imago, bel disegno! Non me ne intendo di vestiti militari, però di cucina si (faccio il pizzaiolo):lol: Potresti provare a inserire dei gradi sulla spalla o sul braccio, così toglieresti l'equivoco con la cucina. Io inserirei un taschino sul petto scalando lo stemma. Però già così a me piace molto.
Saluti
Imago

Post by Imago »

@ lwaxana:
Ehi, good tutorial site, thanks! There are all the information I need! Thanks! :D

@ Uolter:
Grazie, ci ho rimuginato un sacco sopra.
Il consiglio dei gradi sul braccio è buono e facilmente applicabile a questo personaggio. Il taschino mi ispira poco...
Altra cosa, se sei pizzaiolo, andremo molto d'accordo! :wink:
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Wrinkles in cloth:

Imago

Post by Imago »

WOW! :shock:
Great drawing! It's some sculpture project?
By the way it's very useful for me, thanks!
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Not a sculpture project...it's a drawing by Albrecht Durer (see the A D at the bottom?).
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Uolter

Post by Uolter »

Pizzaiolo o mangiatore? eheheh...
Lieto di aver dato un buon consiglio.
Poi ho trovato due link che ti possono essere utili
http://www.disegnoepittura.it/figura-um ... ncipi.html

http://www.disegnoepittura.it/figura-um ... ieghe.html