Camera work

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

lbrgoof

Camera work

Post by lbrgoof »

I am new to Anime Pro but have plenty of experience with other apps. Camera work in Anime gives me unexpected results. My drawing is complete and in Anime. All I need to do is creat the Camera Work. First
my camera frame is not completely inside the viewing window and the help book, guides, etc are not helpful. I also want to set my first frame and move in a 2D style from point to point but sometimes the camera moves backward unexplectedly. I believe I understand the tools but I need extra help that isn't in the Offical Guide,Users manual or help manual. Does anyone have any other suggestions for learning the trick with the camera?

lbrgoof
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

sometimes the camera moves backward unexplectedly
Yes, this may happen under some circumstances.

Are you familiar with a rostrum camera? Then this trick wil help you: Put all of your layers into one group layer (or bone layer), and this layer into another group layer. Name one of them y and the otehr x, to avoid confusion. Now, instead of using the camera moves, move only these two layers, one only vertocal, the other only horizontal. You will always get straight movements now.
lbrgoof

Camera Work

Post by lbrgoof »

No, I have never heard of the rostrum camera. Your method would seem to defeat the use of layers if they are in two groups. I will look up the
rostrum camera to see if it makes more sense.

Thank you for your reply.

LBRgoof
uddhava

Post by uddhava »

Are you familiar with a rostrum camera? Then this trick wil help you: Put all of your layers into one group layer (or bone layer), and this layer into another group layer. Name one of them y and the otehr x, to avoid confusion. Now, instead of using the camera moves, move only these two layers, one only vertocal, the other only horizontal. You will always get straight movements now.
And for zooming in and out would you use the regular camera tool, slowtiger?

udd
Last edited by uddhava on Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

No, I'd do that with the scale tool on the root layer.

The benefit of this approach is that x and y movements are strictly separated, thus calculated separately. Sometimes this gives a better result than the sophisticated camera tools. It all depends on what you want.
uddhava

Post by uddhava »

Slowtiger, thanks for the tip.

udd