Sound Tracks

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Smoof nickel

Sound Tracks

Post by Smoof nickel »

Is there a way to import more than one adio file on Anime Studio? For some reason if I have a song imported then I try to import a sound effect the sound effect will just replace the song. I know I can add the other sound effects using another program but there must be an easier way..

Thanks ahead of time

-Smoof
Do not evaluate your attempts or your intentions. Instead, evaluate your results.
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

Use Free Audacity and join your more than one Wav Files in a single
MP3 file and this single MP3 file can be imported in ASP6.1. I have used this.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

in Anime Studio 6, I know in the Pro version, you can have lots of audio files and move them around in the timeline. You could only use one audio file in AS 5.x
Smoof nickel

Thanks

Post by Smoof nickel »

I might be getting AS 6 for xmas so thanks
Do not evaluate your attempts or your intentions. Instead, evaluate your results.
fantasmo

Post by fantasmo »

Hello,

I'm trying to import just one soundfile (wav) but it doesn't work, no soundfile/waveform shows up.

I used "file > import > soundtrack" and "animation > select soundtrack". I choose my audiofile from the file dialog, click ok, but there is no audio soundtrack or waveform.

Please help me...
gleeful

Post by gleeful »

I do not use the Import method for adding audio files to an AS project. I bring sound files in while I am on frame #0 then using the drop-down menu in the Layers Palette I select "Audio."

A browsing window opens and I navigate to my audio files, I click on the one I need and it is instantly brought into my AS project.

Hope this will work for you.
What if?
jose1984alberto

Post by jose1984alberto »

i had some trouble with audio files, but only when they were not *.aiff or *.wav, give it a try, it might work
fantasmo

Post by fantasmo »

Hello,

thank you for the replies, but in the drop down menu "new layer" I only have "vector, image, group, bone, switch, particle, 3d, note" (I have ASpro5). And the "layer settings" show only "general, shadows, motion blur, masking, vectors".

I already tried to take an empty switch layer and choose an audio file, but theres no sound.

I also opened another project, of which I am sure I already had a soundtrack and sounds on switch layers in there. And I opened some of the demo files. But no sound and no waveform.

The sound files I am using are already *.wav and *.aiff. I exported them with audacity, and can also listen to them in other players like vlc or windows media player.

Is there maybe a button which I might hit accidentially and which turns off completely all sound? (...I also started the programm new a thousand times)
jose1984alberto

Post by jose1984alberto »

dude... dont want to scare you out... but it just might be... THE DEVIL! yup... some crazy things happen... you might want to call a priest or something...

The other day i had some audio problems myself... no reason in particular, i came to this forum asking for some answers, but nothing this is the thread viewtopic.php?t=13561&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0... maybe some messed up programing in your particular copy of AS... dont know... maybe... im just saying!!
fantasmo

Post by fantasmo »

jose1984alberto wrote:dude... dont want to scare you out... but it just might be... THE DEVIL! yup... some crazy things happen... you might want to call a priest or something...
Seems like you're right somehow.
What I did now: I took the wav-file I was previously trying to import and took it from its original folder (which was like: c:/myfiles/project_A/blabla.wav) and put it on my desktop. Now I can import this sound, although it's exactly the same soundfile and although another sound file in the "neighbour-folder" (c:/myfiles/project_B) works well staying in its folder.

AE has such great features, but sometimes its really annoying. Also the thing with crashing down when rendering larger filesizes. Putting sound and animation together in another programme is actually not how it should be.
(But apart from that I like it;-) )