How to prevent hair from moving in Anime Studio 6 :|

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

YaoiMeowmaster

How to prevent hair from moving in Anime Studio 6 :|

Post by YaoiMeowmaster »

Im trying to make some videos for youtube but most of the characters im using. (such as Yugi and Ryou)
everything is going well except for their hair. Right now I only have a malik doll set up but whenever I move his arms his hair moves and stretches as well as if it is glued to it TT^TT

Here is the malik doll I was using download if you want to see the test animation.
also im not sure but the swf format isnt working neither.
anothe thing the malik doll was made in my sketchbook, taken a photo of, inked in paint.net and converted into a .png so the rest would be transparent. The line art's a little shaky because I was feeling a bit hyper when i was using my tablet >_>

if anyone knows an alternate way to do dolls like these suitable for animation in here or a way to fix something so hair can be shown in the front and back of the head.(for bangs) that's be awesome :3
Genete

Post by Genete »

if anyone knows an alternate way to do dolls like these suitable for animation in here or a way to fix something so hair can be shown in the front and back of the head.(for bangs) that's be awesome :3
Anime Studio works well with image warp with bones but has limitations. To avoid the hair effect you have to:
1) Cut the character into independent pieces and place them in different layers, then bind and even warp its pieces using bones of a skeleton.
2) Do not use images for your character and use the Anime Studio drawing tools to create your own stuff.

-G
YaoiMeowmaster

Post by YaoiMeowmaster »

The anime studio drawing tools pissed the hell out of me.
It took me a week to draw Marik and then when I finnaly finished and set up the bones his hair stretched out all the way to the bottom when i moved his arms.
I got my anime studio from walmart so i got a bit pissed off because some features seemed to be missing. such as saving the rendering and adding keyframes manually =_=

and the first animeation i made i did everything on a seperate layer within anime studio but then i had no idea how to move them with the bones because everything was out of whack O.o
wena

Post by wena »

YaoiMeowmaster, did you draw all the parts in a group layer? I found that if I didn't do that parts would move and be left behind. I am becoming much faster at building characters now using the above system. Having done one or two things wrong I have been able to put some parts on a deference layer by copy make a new layer then go to past and it will appear in the new layer.

For example I had not made a new layer for a leg ( I do them separately for each side) I had continued drawing on say the left side when doing the Right side. The solution was to copy the part, open a new layer for the right side and pest it in.

Making arms I do the upper arm copy, then open a new layer for the lower arm and past in what was the upper arm. I found that much faster.

I do hope all this helps. If you need further help you can PM me and we will work on it together.

Wena D. Parry
YaoiMeowmaster

Post by YaoiMeowmaster »

I used the paper cut out method and it works wonderfully! I am very happy that this method works so well. The hair stays where it's supposed to be. Im going to cut up the malik doll into pieces so he'll move smoother.

One more thing though. Ive updated to 6.1 and exporting to flash works now but when i export it to flash only the vector images are showing (eyes nose mouth and background.)
I checked the images and their colored but im a bit concerned why they arent showing up because i want to post .swf on deviantart
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Bitmaps cannot be exported to Flash swf files if they are manipulated by bones. It's in the Help references...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
YaoiMeowmaster

Post by YaoiMeowmaster »

by bitmaps do you mean all images? because im using png..
ah well like your siggy says i cant have everything so ill stick with .avi for now ^^
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Bitmaps are raster images, like PNG's. AS doesn't export the PNG images when exporting to SWF as far as I know. If you want to make SWF files you'd probably need to animate with AS' vector drawing tools. Vector and raster are different. Vector uses mathematical calculations to make shapes and fills. Raster images use pixels to make up the image.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

To be more precise: AS exports bitmaps in SWF as well, but one has to take special care to achieve a result.

Any manipulation of bitmaps other than rotate and scale are forbidden, also don't ever change the origin point of an image layer. Textures work as well, in this case the above mentioned restrictions apply to every shape/vector layer the texture appears in.

(This worked in 5.6, I haven't tested for 6.1)
YaoiMeowmaster

Post by YaoiMeowmaster »

now that i have that settled i can go ahead and make my new video without and kinks. ^^ Ill still be aqble to post it on deviant art then ill just use a preview image and people will have to download and if not they can go look it on youtube which was my primary concern on where to publish my work. Ill just look at content paradises tutorials so i can learn how to wrangle these bones so theyll only move when i want them too once and for all i think vern had a tutorial like that. God my head is swelling trying to keep track of all these keyframes i need to put @_@.
wena

Post by wena »

I was advised to first render in AVI and then convert to any format you want, that way you can have swf or fly.

This would make full use of your bitmap.

Wena