Problem with Gradient fill

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Sanskarans

Problem with Gradient fill

Post by Sanskarans »

Hello anime studio masters.I am new to anime studio.

I had created a character for my animation project.I used gradient fill to colour the character's skin.But i am having trouble when the character is animated.Especially when i move his arms.The gradient colours changes its appearance.You can see it here.How can i solve this problem.I had created the arm in a separate layer(arm layer above the body layer) .

Please help me to solve the problem.

By sanskarans at 2009-10-30

[/img]
Still striving for perfection

Visit me
http://sanskarans.weebly.com/
Blue

Post by Blue »

It looks like a solid pink color to me, but if you are using a gradient...

Sometimes this happens when an object (especially when used with bones) is moved (bent / stretched) outside the area of the gradient. In AS gradients don't stretch indefinitely. There was another thread somewhere in which Vern explained this phenomena better.

My advice is to try using an image as your gradient and when you are placing the image in your object make sure the image stretches out well past your object.

I'll see if I can find the other thread that explained it better.
joelstoryboards.com - (WinXP SP3, ASP 6.1)
Sanskarans

Post by Sanskarans »

Blue wrote:It looks like a solid pink color to me, but if you are using a gradient...

Sometimes this happens when an object (especially when used with bones) is moved (bent / stretched) outside the area of the gradient. In AS gradients don't stretch indefinitely. There was another thread somewhere in which Vern explained this phenomena better.

My advice is to try using an image as your gradient and when you are placing the image in your object make sure the image stretches out well past your object.

I'll see if I can find the other thread that explained it better.

Thanks a lot my friend.Yes u are right it appears like a solid pink colour .I focused mainly on his head.Ok i will try image instead of gradient.Again thanks for your help
Still striving for perfection

Visit me
http://sanskarans.weebly.com/