Green frame on timeline

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Macy

Green frame on timeline

Post by Macy »

I'm sure this is super easy to fix, but I can't seem to do it! I seem to have highlighted a frame in the timeline with a lime green marker, and now when I go to replay my animation, it only plays from that point, no matter where I put the red normal marker. Where do I turn this off, or deselect it?

Thanks!
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Hold down the Ctrl key and click on it.

The marker is to let you specify a limited range for playback (if you just want to watch one small section you're working on). Ctrl-click to set/remove the start marker (green), and Ctrl-right-click to set the end marker (red).
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Thanks for that tip! - I was wondering about how to do that.

I found this in the Moho manual:
Timeline Window Playing a Partial Segment

"Sometimes, you may want to play back just a short segment of the timeline, instead of your entire animation. For example, you may be working on one small move, and you want to play it back over and over while you make small changes to see when you've got it just right.

To set a limited segment of the timeline for playback, hold down the <ctrl> key while you click in the time ruler. Click with the left mouse button to set the beginning of the segment, and click with the right mouse button to set the endpoint. To remove the limited playback segment, <ctrl>-click on the segment endpoints to remove them from the timeline. "
Macy

Post by Macy »

Ah, thank-you, that does the trick.

Yeah, I knew I'd seen something about playing a partial segment and then couldn't find it again. It is a useful feature, when you intentionally turn it on!