Demo user questions

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

turner

Demo user questions

Post by turner »

Hi all -

Trying the demo and like what I see. The user help, though.. ugh...

Basically I'm trying to figure out a few things -

1) how the heck do I turn on depth of field? (and adjust its setting)
2) Can I duplicate a layer?
3) Is there a way to do real-time recording, e.g. moving an object by hand, or handwriting?
4) Is there a way to "shake" the camera? (as well as make its focus vary a little randomly..)
5) Export to Flash, then import to Flash caused some pieces to disappear...

Also, I have a problem with Flash export flickering weirdly.. but I posted that in another forum :)

Any help appreciated!

thx
Andrew
clever quote coming soon
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Re: Demo user questions

Post by Lost Marble »

Not that the tutorials answer these questions, but have you followed the tutorials? They are generally pretty helpful when getting up to speed. On to your questions:

1) Use the File->Project Settings menu command.

2) Click the Duplicate Layer button (second button from the left in the Layers window - hold the mouse over it for a couple seconds to get a tooltip).

3) No, not really. Sometimes people play back their animation while working with a tool in the main window, but this really wasn't designed to be a feature and doesn't work very well.

4) Use the Scripts->Camera->Handheld Camera command. All this script does is set all the camera keyframes to Noisy interpolation. You could also do this manually in the timeline. It doesn't affect focus, though - to simulate randomly varying focus, I would place all the top-level layers in the project into a group layer. Then, apply a little layer blur to the group layer and set the layer blur keyframe to noisy interpolation.

5) Flash doesn't like the compound shapes you can create with Moho. By compound shapes, I mean ones with multiple outlines - this can either give you a shape with a hole in it, or two shapes side-by-side with a single fill. Moho and the Flash player don't mind these shapes, but the Flash authoring tool sometimes discards them. (I have no idea why the Flash player and the Flash authoring tool don't handle SWF files the same way - it sometimes makes me weep...)
turner

Post by turner »

Great, thanks for the fast reply..

Andrew
clever quote coming soon
tiannaidan

Re:camera script

Post by tiannaidan »

Is there a way to adjust the way the camera shakes? The default movements are pretty big. Is there a way to adjust the movements to shorter, quicker shakes like extreme vibration?
jonbo

Re: Demo user questions

Post by jonbo »

Hey tiannaidan, try this. with the layer translate or scale tool selected, click once in the workspace w/o moving the cursor to create a keyframe. now right click on that keyframe and select noisy. set the amplitude to .01 and scale to 1. now go to your project settings and set the framerate to about 60 fps. now it should look like its vibrating.