How would I put my charater together using tablet

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jackass

How would I put my charater together using tablet

Post by jackass »

Can I just draw the body and add bones or do have to do it fiziwig way one body part at a time one layer at a time. What would give me the best result. If I have to do it the hard way to get good quality I will.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

You can try one body part for one layer, then put it inside a bone layer.
You can do this using tablet or mouse is the same but a tablet is superior.
jackass

Post by jackass »

You can try one body part for one layer, then put it inside a bone layer. Parker that what I meant when I said one body part at a time one layer at a time. What Im really asking can I draw it like I would in my sketch book and just add bones so I wouldn't have to make a bunch layers for a bunch of body parts. Im also asking would the movement turn out bad if I use this method. Sorry I confuse you . :oops:
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Yes that could work too.
I dont really know is this method could turn out well, i have never tried doing an entire character in one single layer at least not when i want my character move a lot.
jackass

Post by jackass »

So if I do this way it would restrict my charater's movement. That's not what I want. :shock:
arfa

Post by arfa »

It is easier to draw continuously without having to flip from layer to layer but this will create bone binding issues.

Depending on how you draw you could cut and paste lines/parts to pre-prepared layers after you have done most of your drawing.
jackass

Post by jackass »

thanks arfra that is good advice
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

Most of the time I have found that "oops, that needs to be on it's own layer to be able to move right" I then cut and paste into another layer.

The default character that opens when you start AS is a good example to look at. It's mostly drawn on one layer, but it seems to work okay.
jackass

Post by jackass »

I have my BAMBOO tablet! God it's has such small drawing pad but I won't know how good it is until I hook it up and I try it out. :D
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

jackass wrote:I have my BAMBOO tablet! God it's has such small drawing pad but I won't know how good it is until I hook it up and I try it out. :D
I think a bamboo is a nice tablet.
Mine has a small drawing pad too but its no problem.
jackass

Post by jackass »

I just finishe instaling it. Now to draw in anime studio with it :D
artfx

Post by artfx »

I've been using the Bamboo for over a year now and I love it. I'm traveling so it's great to have a small and simple tablet I can take anywhere with me. It works well in Anime Studio as well.
----
Terrence Walker
Studio ArtFX
LEARN HOW TO Make YOur Own Animated Film!
Get Video Training to Show You How!