Bone audio Wiggle Script Query

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Shanty Baba

Bone audio Wiggle Script Query

Post by Shanty Baba »

I want to move a character along the X-axis, backwards and forwards, in synch with the volume of an audio file. The Bone audio wiggle script seems the nearest automatic way to achieve this.

But of course this just controls the rotation of the bone. This there a way I can manipulate this rotation into a translation (x-axis) movement, maybe using other bones, or maybe a script?

Cheers,
Shanty
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

You can do it using controlled bones, a very clever guy here played with some numbers and get it (thanks, Genete). You'll need at least 3 bones
Look at the file

http://www.mediafire.com/?tyvnmj4w40d

Bones must have the same lenght, use the grid to make it.
First, draw a chain three horizontal bones as you see on the file Then, select the second and in bone constraints, go to angle control bone, chose the name of the first bone (if it haven't name, you must named it selecting it with select bone tool and writing on the text rectangle wich will appear on tool propieties) add -2 on angle control bone.
Select the third bone and do the same, but add 1 instead -2.
Now, when you rotate the first bones, the third bone will move only X.

PD: the file has another bone, it's just a bone which controls the first one. On your own construction you can have or haven't it.
Shanty Baba

Post by Shanty Baba »

Thanks very much for that Selgin. Just what I wanted. I had a problem downloading the file, but your clear description enabled me to construct it myself.

Cheers,

Shanty
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Shanty Baba wrote:Thanks very much for that Selgin. Just what I wanted. I had a problem downloading the file, but your clear description enabled me to construct it myself.
Cool, it was so hard to explain it! :oops: