Automatic Binding not working

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

paulo marcos Andrade

Automatic Binding not working

Post by paulo marcos Andrade »

After I finished the Frank's bone set up tutorial (the first one), I tried to import the trees from the Moho Object library in order to try bones on then. For my surprise, I couldn't automatic binding any of the trees as easy as I did with Frank and tutorial 3.1. Can someone explain me what is the problem. I tried all step variants I could imagine but none worked. I tried the process in simple trees as tree 2 and noting. I am doing something to turn Automatic Binding off ??

Thanks !
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

You're not doing anything wrong. The problem is that many of the sample files included with Moho were created in older versions of the program, before automatic bone binding was the default feature. Since you brought this up, we'll go through and make sure all those files are updated.

If you want to use those tree objects (or any other object that doesn't seem to respond to automatic bone binding), here's what to do:

1) Select the vector layer containing the object that doesn't respond to the bones.

2) Use the Edit->Select All menu command to mark all the points in the layer as selected.

3) Use the Bone->Flex-Bind Points menu command to mark all those points as flexi-bound (this is the default for all new artwork you draw in Moho - you just need to update those older files you run across, including some of the sample props included with Moho).
paulo marcos Andrade

Worked Now

Post by paulo marcos Andrade »

Thanks ! I was a little insecure of my understanding of bones.