need help with 3d objects

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

marcmywords

need help with 3d objects

Post by marcmywords »

hey im new to moho so i need some help on a couple of things

--when i followed the 3d construction tutorial the end result of the cube was not shaded like in the example

--how would i go about building a 3d cylinder

--when my 3d cube gets placed in the scene and i move it it always has a vanishing point at the center how could i move this

--some of the lines dont stay black on my 3d objects

--PLEASE HELP
what the..?¿
7feet

Post by 7feet »

-The "shading" has to be done by hand. Which means, simply, that you have to make the color of each square a lighter or darker shade of red to simulate 3D shading.

-A 3D cylinder done inside Moho is possible, but an awful lot of work. It's much easier to create one in a 3D program and import an .OBJ. But then, again, you don't get the shading. I'm working on that one.

-If you're talking about that little crosshair, that's the layers "origin" point.
That determines the center around which the layer will be rotated, and also is what Moho uses to figure out how far away the layer is from the camera when you have depth sorting turned on (Project Settings or Layer Properties>Depth Sort [only for Group and Bone layers properties]). You can move using the Origin tool (first tool in the Layer part of the tool window), but since that's how Moho checks for depth, it can play hell with things when they are moved around in 3D like this tutorial.

-- the last one I'm not sure about. If you have some space to upload your version of the .moho file and post a link here, I'm sure it can be figured out.