keying selected points, this is working differently in 6.0

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bartender

keying selected points, this is working differently in 6.0

Post by bartender »

So ive been animating now in 6.0, and im having problems with the points getting DE selected after i set the key. This is a pain in the butt now becuase i want to set keys for those points i have to group select them before every frame. I dont know how this could be an intended feature could it?

by the way im running mac os 10.5.8

thanks!
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I haven't got 6, but can't you name the points as a group when you select them? Then re-selecting them for key frames (or, indeed, de-selecting them) should be a lot easier. Or am I missing something here?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
bartender

Post by bartender »

ive never done that before... interesting ill try it. But what i used to to all the time in earlier versions was say i was animating the pupils of the eyes throughout an animation. I would group select both pupils, which are seperate shapes but on the same layer, and use the translate tool to move them and that adds a key. But then if i want to move forward and make another key one shape deselects and i have only one pupil selected, and i have to group select them both again before every key - its a change from previous versions where both shapes will stay selected until you click away from them.