only 3000 frames?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

eDee

only 3000 frames?

Post by eDee »

I've spent the past 3 hours working on this little project, I'm almost finished and Anime Studio 6 Debut won't let me go further than 3000 frames. Why?

I went to File > Project Settings > the frame is set to start at 1 (which I'd think would be obvious, but I haven't been doing this very long) and end at 3000. I tried to change it to 4000 and even 3001 just for kicks, but it sets itself back to 3000.

I know there must be away to make longer movies, the ad said the program could make full length animated films.

Please tell me there is a way to change this and I haven't just wasted 3 hours of my life (or worse days of my live formatting the images). If I was to guess I'd say I had less than 1000 frames to go.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

That's the limitation of Debut. The Pro version is unlimited. But you can still export your animation as a movie. Then start the second half. Then export it as a movie. Then all you have to do is join them in video editor as one. ;)
eDee

Post by eDee »

Could this company mislead people anymore? Anime Studio out and out lies to customers.

I started out with AS5, the top of the box reads. Anime Studio 5 is your complete 2D solution for creating movies, cartoons, anime or cut-out animation! Create your own animated shorts and full length animations for films, videos or streaming over the web.

I couldn't get AS5 to work so I spent even more money to upgrade. Now AS6D can't do what they promised AS5 could do (but of course AS5 couldn't). This is how class actions lawsuits start. I think it's time I start posting the truth about AS5 and AS6D. I won't be upgrading to the PRO version since I can't trust the company to be honest.

Baker, thank you for the information. I'm glad those on the forum are honest, I just wish I had known which questions at ask before I started spending.
J. Baker wrote:That's the limitation of Debut. The Pro version is unlimited. But you can still export your animation as a movie. Then start the second half. Then export it as a movie. Then all you have to do is join them in video editor as one. ;)
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

eDee wrote:This is how class actions lawsuits start.
:roll: Well, that and the decline of humanity in general...

Neither the box nor company does anything to lie or mislead. It is possible to create everything you listed using the software. Even if it means going scene by scene and then patching the scenes together in another program (something you would always want to do anyway), it's still possible.
~Danimal
eDee

Post by eDee »

Danimal wrote:
eDee wrote:This is how class actions lawsuits start.
:roll: Well, that and the decline of humanity in general...
< LAUGH! >

First, I want to make clear I'm not angry with anyone on the forum. As someone who did technical assistance for YEARS, I understand this is not your fault and I am extremely thankful for all your help.

That being said: OK, How? <Big Blue Eyes Batting>
Do I have to splice my audio apart? What program can I use? How do I splice it apart? Should I just rerecord it and start over? How do I know the length of audio to record for 3000 frames? What video editor do I use? How do I edit the films together?

Somewhere I have a link saved for a software that is open source which is as limited as AS5 and AS6D, which is why I'm so angry. I could have downloaded limited software for free.

Danimal wrote: Neither the box nor company does anything to lie or mislead. It is possible to create everything you listed using the software. Even if it means going scene by scene and then patching the scenes together in another program (something you would always want to do anyway), it's still possible.
da2tha3

Post by da2tha3 »

To be fair, you should have gone with Pro, it has no such limitation.
eDee

Post by eDee »

da2tha3 wrote:To be fair, you should have gone with Pro, it has no such limitation.
< sigh > Why would I have gone with PRO? To be fair the box reads that the software I purchased originally would create everything I wanted. According to the box AS5 has no such limitations. According to the box the software I purchased should create the full length films, it does not indicate anywhere on the box that I will need other software. I can scan the box and post an image of all sides of the actual box and the misleading statements. However I don't think that will help me in my cause. I need to know how AS5 or AS6D is going to do as they promise. I have been told that AS5 and AS6D will not do as it indicates on the box or as advertised, so I need to know what software I need to purchase now. I will not purchase PRO, I will not purchase any other software from this company. Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me. I have been burned twice, I know better. I have started 17 threads on scam sites and review sites referring to Anime Studio in the past hour, telling the truth about the software, warning others and I've received several responses from people who share my feelings, I feel much better now that the truth is out hopefully it will stop people from making the same mistakes. :D

Now I'm rerecording, just hoping I'm not wasting more time.
tonyg

Post by tonyg »

I know this won't help but AS5 Standard made it a bit more obvious there was a frame limit and also suggested longer films could be made using a Video Editor. I can't see the same for AS6 so can understand why you're peeved.
I bought AS5 Pro a few months before AS6 came out but not after the 'free upgrade' date so felt similar pain.
Anyway, I am new to all this but the consensus is to make smaller scenes and join them in a Video Editor as a best approach even with the Pro version.
This is simply to make everything more manageable and helps with audio (especially for AS5).
Good Luck.
P.S. I think Windows Movie Maker can add the videos together and add audio.
Last edited by tonyg on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Do I have to splice my audio apart? What program can I use? How do I splice it apart? Should I just rerecord it and start over? How do I know the length of audio to record for 3000 frames? What video editor do I use? How do I edit the films together?
I'm so very sorry that the purchase of software A didn't provide you with the knowledge of how to use software B, C, and so on.

Google. Library. Bookshop. That's the way people learn. You wouldn't blame the manufacturer of a hammer that he didn't give you a manual about building houses, and for free?

(On second thought: you would.)
eDee

Post by eDee »

slowtiger wrote:You wouldn't blame the manufacturer of a hammer that he didn't give you a manual about building houses, and for free?
(On second thought: you would.)
If the packaging of the hammer read: hammer will teach you how to build a house - yes then I would expect it.

Again my problem is with what is written on the BOX.

I wasn't asking for detailed answers to my questions, see example answers in read.

Do I have to splice my audio apart? Yes or No answer
What program can I use? Suggestions. You can post an affiliate link if you like
How do I splice it apart? Using such and such option
Should I just rerecord it and start over? Yes or No answer
How do I know the length of audio to record for 3000 frames? Approx X amount of minutes
What video editor do I use? Suggestions. You can post an affiliate link if you like
How do I edit the films together? Using such and such feature

If you suggest ABC software I would go there for further assistance.
tonym

Post by tonym »

eDee wrote:If the packaging of the hammer read: hammer will teach you how to build a house - yes then I would expect it.
Well, there's the problem. You jump to conclusions.

If the packaging of a hammer said, "Hammer will teach you to build a house," that does not mean it will teach you how to do the electrical wiring for that house, or that the hammer will provide the wood, or that the hammer will build the precise house that you envision.

Anime Studio does exactly what it says it will on the box, and you jumped to conclusions about the rest.

Shame on you for posting mean things on scam websites regarding Anime Studio based on your own inability to understand its literal and accurate package-text.
tonyg

Post by tonyg »

Do I have to splice my audio apart? No (not necessarily)
What program can I use? Audacity
Should I just rerecord it and start over? No (not until you've given the other options a try)
How do I know the length of audio to record for 3000 frames? It will depend on your FPS for your project. 3000/FPS=length of film/audio. I might have missed something.
What video editor do I use? Try Windows Movie Maker
How do I edit the films together? Save your animation in whatever format (avi). Import the AVI into your Video Editor and drag to your timeline.
Import AVI2 and do the same. Finally import your audio and drag into the appropriate place on your timeline.
This is why it is recommended to shoot small scenes saved as seperate animations with audio to match. Synchronising is much easier.
eDee

Post by eDee »

The box reads: Anime Studio 5 is your complete 2D solution for creating movies, cartoons, anime or cut-out animation! Create your own animated shorts and full length animations for films, videos or streaming over the web.

You are saying I jump to conclusions assuming that the statement: "complete 2D solution for creating movies, cartoons, anime or cut-out animation!" meant that it was a complete 2D solution for creating movies, cartoons and anime?

Well shame on me, I should have assumed that meant the software was incapable of the above.
No where does it have a little * at the end of "Create your own animated shorts and full length animations for films, videos or streaming over the web." indicating that you will have to purchase addition software, upgrade, or that the program can't create full length animation itself.
It is one complete statement indicating that the Anime Studio 5 is a complete solution.

Back to the hammer - if the statement on the packaging read that the hammer was used for wiring, I would conclude that I would be able to use it to wire the house. Again the BOX states that AS5 creates full length films. There is no conclusions jumping here, go pick up the box - read it for yourself.

tonym wrote:
eDee wrote:If the packaging of the hammer read: hammer will teach you how to build a house - yes then I would expect it.
Well, there's the problem. You jump to conclusions.

If the packaging of a hammer said, "Hammer will teach you to build a house," that does not mean it will teach you how to do the electrical wiring for that house, or that the hammer will provide the wood, or that the hammer will build the precise house that you envision.

Anime Studio does exactly what it says it will on the box, and you jumped to conclusions about the rest.

Shame on you for posting mean things on scam websites regarding Anime Studio based on your own inability to understand its literal and accurate package-text.
eDee

Post by eDee »

Wow you're good!
Thank you. I'll get on that now.
tonyg wrote:Do I have to splice my audio apart? No (not necessarily)
What program can I use? Audacity
Should I just rerecord it and start over? No (not until you've given the other options a try)
How do I know the length of audio to record for 3000 frames? It will depend on your FPS for your project. 3000/FPS=length of film/audio. I might have missed something.
What video editor do I use? Try Windows Movie Maker
How do I edit the films together? Save your animation in whatever format (avi). Import the AVI into your Video Editor and drag to your timeline.
Import AVI2 and do the same. Finally import your audio and drag into the appropriate place on your timeline.
This is why it is recommended to shoot small scenes saved as seperate animations with audio to match. Synchronising is much easier.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

eDee wrote:The box reads: Anime Studio 5 is your complete 2D solution for creating movies, cartoons, anime or cut-out animation! Create your own animated shorts and full length animations for films, videos or streaming over the web.

You are saying I jump to conclusions assuming that the statement: "complete 2D solution for creating movies, cartoons, anime or cut-out animation!" meant that it was a complete 2D solution for creating movies, cartoons and anime?
And again, this is exactly what it does. It does not require any other software to create movies, cartoons, anime, or cut-out. You can draw and design everything right there, then animate it all in one software. This would indeed make it "complete." That it somehow doesn't do what you would like doesn't make it incomplete, it just means you need to figure out a different way to use it. But rather than do that, it's just so much simpler to complain.

Actually, come to think of it, you're totally right. I mean, the box states that it will create movies, yet I am the one who has to do all the work! What a pack of lies! It doesn't create anything at all, I DO! Boo hoo, sob sob, I think I too will spam forums because of my inability and ineptitude!

I again mention the decline in humanity...
~Danimal