..save my edited audio files so they show up in source data?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

salp42

..save my edited audio files so they show up in source data?

Post by salp42 »

When i record things they show up when i go to import it and click the source data. But when i edit that and render the file as mp3 or wma it doesn't show up. So i want to know what i should save the file as. Also i use sony vegas to record it. (i know there are more programs focused on audio but i just use this cause i already have it)
n.hurst

Post by n.hurst »

Source data files for switch layers? Think these can be uncompressed WAV or AIFF files. More typically, they are data (text) files exported from lipsync software like Papagayo.
salp42

Post by salp42 »

o thanks im just gonna import into that then. K thank you
salp42

Post by salp42 »

wait i don't know how to use papagayo. I opened the file and all i can change is the mouth types. So what do i do?
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

salp42 wrote:wait i don't know how to use papagayo. I opened the file and all i can change is the mouth types. So what do i do?
Papagayo is a good lipsync software and the best of all is that Learning Papagayo is very easy.Just read the tutorials that come with the software, they are great and short.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Hold on...I think you want to import the audio file. Not the source data file.

Edit the audio file with like, AUDACITY, a freeware audio program. Then export your edited audio file as a .WAV file or .MP3 or .AIFF file.
rogermate

Re: ..save my edited audio files so they show up in source d

Post by rogermate »

salp42 wrote:When i record things they show up when i go to import it and click the source data. But when i edit that and render the file as mp3 or wma it doesn't show up. So i want to know what i should save the file as. Also i use sony vegas to record it. (i know there are more programs focused on audio but i just use this cause i already have it)
I'm not sure what your question is. If you are exporting audio from Vegas (your audio software) and want to import the sound into and audio track in Anime Studio, then you should export as a .WAV file (on windows), and I'm not sure but it might be a .aif file on the mac.

Papagayo is a program which lets you import a sound file, and then type in text for words. It does a good job of figuring out which phenomes (parts of a word sound - like "c" for "cat") are occuring at a given frame. The output of Papagayo is a data file (.dat) which lists the phenome name (A, rest, O, U , B, etc.) along with the frame number. You would import that data file into a switch layer in Anime Studio and the appropriate Switch Layer (A, O, ee, etc.) would be activated based upon the sound of the audio file. Thus, a character's mouth moves in the right shape, so it looks like it is talking.