Camera and line thickness...

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cribble

Camera and line thickness...

Post by cribble »

I'm having a little trouble when i zoom in. When i zoom, all my lines get fatter and fatter, which i don't want to happen. Is there a way so the lines don't get fatter as i zoom in?

Thanks
--Scott
cribble.net
Ant_Gri3d

Post by Ant_Gri3d »

May be try to turn off scale compensation for that layer
cribble

Post by cribble »

Scale compensation works with .MOV and .AVI output, but it doesn't work with SWF output.... any work-abouts?
--Scott
cribble.net
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

What Moho calls Scale Compensation is just what Flash does by default when you scale an object. You can't tell Flash to just turn it off.

There is a workaround: I suspect that the layer in question is optimized for Flash (no point motion, bone warping, etc.). To prevent the lines from getting thicker, you need to un-optimize the layer. Just go in and add a point motion keyframe somewhere in the timeline, without actually moving the points. Also, be sure Scale Compensation is turned off for that layer.

After doing that, Moho will be able to tell Flash to scale the object up, while maintaining the line width at its original size. The downside is that with the layer un-optimized, the Flash file will be bigger.
cribble

Post by cribble »

Yeah it works, thanks LM and Ant for your help. :D
--Scott
cribble.net