Client wants animation to be much slower

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Nimphaea

Client wants animation to be much slower

Post by Nimphaea »

Hi everybody,

I've made a short (only 40 frames) animation for a client. The animation is very short but consists of really al lot of layers. Now, the client likes the animation very much, but he wants me to make the animation slower. A LOT slower.

I exported the animation already at 6 fps now, so by making it more slow by changing the framerate, it will not be a real "animation" anymore. My client wants my now 7-seconds animation to be 40 seconds... A framerate of 1 frame per second will look more like a lot of seperate illustrations that go by too quickly than a smooth animation ;) .

My little animation luckily consists of only tweens, no frame by frame / switch layers. But since there are SO many layers in my animation, it is getting a terrible mess when I go to each layer and try to space the frames. In the end my animation is messed up.

Is there maybe somebody with a clever idea how I can give all my tweens in all my layers more space?

I was thinking of putting all my layers in one group layer and then making actions, but it seems that I can't take the existing animation and move it into an action. My actions created by this method show only the zero frame.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, maybe there is nothing possible, maybe someone can help me with some advice...?

Thanks a lot in advance.
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

>Animation
>Rescale Keyframes

Check "rescale entire document"

set values for start and end of existing,
and start and end of what you want to stretch it to.

It will space your keys, and because it's all tweens,
you will scream like it's Christmas, you're 5 and
you just unwrapped a real life landspeeder. Booyah.
Nimphaea

Post by Nimphaea »

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing! I'm so happy!

You were almost right about my feelings! I feel like it's "Sinterklaas" * , I'm 5 years old and I just unwrapped a real life My Little Pony dollhouse that's so big I could live in it myself! Woooooooohooooooooooooo!

* A party in The Netherlands around Christmas with presents for the children, from which the name "Santa Clause" is derived.

Thank you very much!

Maybe it's nice for you to see what I've done with your help. This is the result:

http://www.animagie.nl/projects/babytje ... months.mov

Anime Studio is great animation software!
dm

Post by dm »

I viewed the animation, and it's hard to believe that that started as 40 frames. There's a lot going on there. Impressive.
foundmarble

Post by foundmarble »

Nice work! Looks very good.

One suggestion:
make a mask on the kids head to keep the blurring effect (for the hair) from "bleeding" over.

I really like the "decal" effect with the logo at the end. Pro stuff!
You mind me asking how you did this effect?

Peace,
Found M.
Nimphaea

Post by Nimphaea »

Thank you very much for your replies!
foundmarble wrote: One suggestion:
make a mask on the kids head to keep the blurring effect (for the hair) from "bleeding" over.
Thank you very much. I've made a new version where this is fixed. Also with the help of this wonderful forum! I couldn't figure out how to fix it and use the mask, until I finally managed to get it working with the topic about masking on this forum.
foundmarble wrote:I really like the "decal" effect with the logo at the end. Pro stuff!
You mind me asking how you did this effect?
This was actually the only part that I did in After Effects. Actually, if you have After Effects or download the trial, it is very easy to accomplish the effect! It's a standard effect, and it's called "CC page turn". It has a lot of options, you can tweak everything to get it exactly how you want it to look.

Here is the new final result! Thanks to you help. I also added subtle highlights. I hope you like it better!

http://www.animagie.nl/projects/babytje ... nths_1.mov
foundmarble

Post by foundmarble »

Looks great.

I am glad the forum helped you out. (It has helped me out many times)

Peace,
Found M