Problem with Illustrator files not showing up

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DerFlection

Problem with Illustrator files not showing up

Post by DerFlection »

Hi All
I have a tottal newbie question. I have some fairly detailed art that i did up in Adobe Illustrator. I tried to import it in to Moho buuuut nothing appears. The program tells me that its importing the vector drawing and takes a few seconds so clearly its doing something; however nothing shows up on screen (just the two arrows). I have saved the files multiple ways (illustrator 8, 7 , 6 and eps files) and nothing is showing up. I dont have any problems with bitmap images so im not sure what im doing wrong and im pretty sure it must be something simple but im not sure what it could be and i couldnt find anything in the tutorials or on the forum. Any help would be Awsome!

thanks
Aaron
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

What version of Illustrator are you using?
Did you export the file from Illustrator as an Illustrator Legacy Version 8 file before importing it into Moho?

I can easily get my files from Illustrator into Moho, but then the lines and colors in the drawing are distorted.

See other Illustrator discussion link here:
http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1332

And file here:
http://www.toontoonz.com/womandollhandsup.jpg
DerFlection

Post by DerFlection »

I am using Illustrator 10 and yes I did save a file with the legacy option. I have also tried saving it as a an Illustrator 7 and 6 version and still nothing shows up. Theres no colours or lines of any kind that show up so I cant even tell if they are distorted.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Moho only imports basic curves and shapes from Illustrator. If you're using text objects or embedded bitmaps, those won't get imported into Moho. If none of that applies to your case, you can either post a link to your Illustrator file, or email it to support@lostmarble.com
DerFlection

Post by DerFlection »

Ok i have it working now it had to do with illustrator file itself. I just imported a tottaly differnt file and it worked great. Thanks for all the help!