stupid bones

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

NerdmastaX

stupid bones

Post by NerdmastaX »

im trying to get the bones to move just the layer and not everything else i plan on doing some south park style animations.

http://www.russellcountyschools.org/cur ... p/t&p.moho

this aint workin right, i want only the layers to move, i do not want the cheek to move when i move the arm, i want it to act like construction paper but still somewhat maintainable through bones.
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

I don't know if this is what you need but...

First of all you need to switch your bone settings to 'region binding'. You can do this by double clicking on the skeleton layer of your character in the layer box. Then go to the tab called bones and switch it to 'region binding'.

Secondly, if you are getting the head pieces to move around for the mouth. (this may not be the quickest option but it works! :D ) You can delte the bones in the head and when you need to move the head you can select the appropriate layer and go to: Edit > Select all. Now you can move your character's head bits by using the 'Translate Points' tool.

I don't think that you can just move the layer with a bone. Please try it! Thanks!

CrAzY Dan :shock:

(ps I like the character!)
15 year old Anime Studio user...
27/12/06: Im back and ready to get creating again!!
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Actually, you can just bind a whole layer to a bone. Click on the Bind Layer tool (in the Bone section of the tool window), select the layer you want to bind to a bone in the Layers window, and then click on the bone itself that you want to bind the layer to. Piece o' cake.

--Brian
Toontoonz

Quick look

Post by Toontoonz »

I took a quick look and it seems that you have the bones set up incorrectly - the direction of the bone(s) and the parent-child relationships. I think the key problem is the main body bone is going the wrong direction.

Best thing is start over with the boning and follow along Moho Tutorial 3.4 Character Set Up.
Follow that easy tutorial and then your character will work fine.

Actually all the tutorials are quite good and easy to follow along. I started with 1.1 and worked my all the way through 6.9. Took me a couple of hours but I really learned a lot. After doing the Tutorials I was even more impressed with Moho.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

The "torso bone" is the only bone that's really oriented wrong. Normally, you would want the torso to pivot at the hips, not the neck. However, there may be cases where you want a person to pivot from the neck, like if they were hanging from a noose.

Anyway, for cut-out style animation, you do want to use the "Bind Layer" tool to bind individual layers to individual bones. This will give you the construction paper, South Park-style movement.
anigreator

Post by anigreator »

I like the 'happy happy joy joy' element of the above post. :lol:
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Do you mean the noose part? Well, it was the first example I could think of for someone pivoting at the neck... :lol: