Handycam effect removal

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mozza

Handycam effect removal

Post by mozza »

Hi,

I'm a new user of Moho and am tearing my hair out trying to figure how to remove the shaky handycam script from my animation.

I'm guessing that it's a case of simply resetting the random camera swings on the camera's animation channel, but am hitting a blank each time I try and clear the effect. It doesn't seem to want to budge. I can't see any keyframes on the camera channels that show the movement.

Short of recreating the scene and popping the steady objects back in it, is there a quicker way?

Apologies if a glaringly obvious solution is in the help file, but I couldn't find any reference to removing applied scripts.

Thanks in advance.
Toontoonz

Me, too.

Post by Toontoonz »

I had the same problem and could not figure out how to delete or stop the shaky camera either.
Or how one could change the amount of camera shaking.
With the orbit camera script one can see in the time line the keyframes and delete and adjust as needed.

But with the shaky camera script I had to start all over with a new file.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Select all the camera keyframes (make sure they are all displayed). Right-click on them -- a menu pops up. Select 'Smooth' from the list of menu options -- should fix it. (This happened to me the other day!)
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Toontoonz

Thanks for the tip

Post by Toontoonz »

Thanks for the tip

Have you figured out how to adjust the shakiness of the camera? Make it more or less shaky?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Haven't had to do this yet, but if I was, I'd switch the timeline to graph mode and start tinkering about there first! Maybe someone else could offer the fruits of their experience here...I'd be interested too...

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
mozza

Ah... of course

Post by mozza »

Cheers jahnocli, you're a gentleman and scholar. Knew there must be a way to do it. Right hand clicks are an alien thing for the Mac user!

Thanks again for the swift reply.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

If you want to adjust the shakiness of the camera, instead of using the script, select all the camera keyframes and set their interpolation to "Noisy". You will then be prompted to enter the amplitude and scale of the noise - play around with different values to see what you like.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Dear LM, is this question in the FAQ? If not, I suggest putting it there. The shaky cam off-switch question appears regularly. Or put it in a new version of the manual sometime.

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com