The three most confusing anime studio obstacles in my path

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

erotic monkey

dropper tool

Post by erotic monkey »

if you push the select shape button or "q" on the key board then click on the object you want to copy the color from, then hit copy on the style window( the one with the color schemes.) Use the same tool to click on the object you want to paste the color on, it will become checkered. hit paste on the style window. "Tada" complicated dropper tool
SpaceBoy64

shading

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

I am fairly new to AS myself, but I discovered some things recently.

I was not very happy with the shading function either. It's not based on a light source like it would be in a 3D app. I achieved shading and shadows using shapes. If you need shading on hair, like a highlight, you need to draw that highlight with a shape. The same for shadows. Shapes can be made semi-transparent, and blurred. (a fact that is new to me since I am used to drawing in Illustrator or Freehand.) You need a shadow? draw the shape of that shadow, make it transparent and blurry, and send it to the layer where it belongs.
SJHooks

Post by SJHooks »

SpaceBoy64, I figured as much. I also figured through the extremely popular animation program, (to which is a leading animation program in Japanese Anime), Retas, that it is easily used in frame by frame by frame animations, though it cery-tainly takes a while longer. Sorry for the late post, I was gone for a while.