Vector Clouds

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jorgy

Vector Clouds

Post by jorgy »

[Edited]

I would like to be able to have some clouds in moho that look something like:

I realize that this is a bit difficult with a vector program, but it should be possible with the effects, like shaded edges or soft edges. Maybe layering together different colors and blurring them?
Last edited by jorgy on Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

I'm not sure why it didn't insert the picture and instead put the BBcode.

Let me try that again...

Last edited by jorgy on Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

I suppose that the reason is that the URL has no extention. The forum is looking for a .jpg or .png or whatever extentions it can handle. The URL you posted dosn't have a accepted extention (as a matter of fact it dosn't have any extention at all) and therefor the forum ignores the BBCode and shows it as if it was plain text.

It sound like a reasoneble theory, and it even might be correct.
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Hiddicop wrote:It sound like a reasoneble theory, and it even might be correct.
You are correct! Apparently snapfish URLs do not end with ".jpg", and so I moved it to another server and renamed it, and voila! Thanks for the hint.
idragosani

Re: Vector Clouds

Post by idragosani »

jorgy wrote:[Edited]

I would like to be able to have some clouds in moho that look something like:

I realize that this is a bit difficult with a vector program, but it should be possible with the effects, like shaded edges or soft edges. Maybe layering together different colors and blurring them?
You might be able to create them with a particle system... but I am sure it would take a while to render. :-) One of the tutorials shows how to make smoke.

Perhaps you could generate the clouds in a different application (like a 3D renderer) and import them in as images...

or render the sky as a moving 3D background (with a 3D renderer) and composite with a Final Cut Pro, Cinelerra, etc.
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

Well, I gave it a try and came up with this. Not so good, I admit, but you could make it alot better. I might give another try later and make a better one.

But at least you can do nice clouds in moho. Even without any devestating render-times. This is just three vector-layers, and there quite simple. It takes notime to render it.
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

Here's the cloud above in action:

It actually looks quite good, evan though it's quite simple.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

"You might be able to create them with a particle system... but I am sure it would take a while to render."

You can create the clouds with the Moho particle feature, export a couple of clouds as transparent bitmaps and import those. With rendered clouds you'll have no more long rendering times. The particle function can do quite realistic clouds easily with a bit of work.

Good luck,

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com