batch rendering

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

idragosani

batch rendering

Post by idragosani »

I'm on Linux.

Batch render dialog says to drag files into window to add to file list.

Drag files from where?

Am I missing something obvious?

Is there supposed to be an open file dialog?

[/b]
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Drag files from folders on your hard drive. Unfortunately, drag and drop on Linux is not very consistent. This should work if you're dragging files from Nautilus (Gnome), but not necessarily if you're using KDE. On Linux, if you're not using any file manager at all, then it will certainly be difficult to drag files at all.
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Lost Marble wrote:Drag files from folders on your hard drive. Unfortunately, drag and drop on Linux is not very consistent. This should work if you're dragging files from Nautilus (Gnome), but not necessarily if you're using KDE. On Linux, if you're not using any file manager at all, then it will certainly be difficult to drag files at all.
I tried using the Gnome file manager (I don't normally use Gnome or KDE, but can switch to it if needed), but nothing happened. Oh, well...
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

For just another data point, using gnome's nautilus 2.8.1, I was able to queue files. This is the version that comes with Fedora Core 3.
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

jorgy wrote:For just another data point, using gnome's nautilus 2.8.1, I was able to queue files. This is the version that comes with Fedora Core 3.
Yep, I was using Nautilus, not sure of the version, whatever the latest is in Debian Sid (probably the same).

I'll just have to live without batch rendering for now. :-) The rendering usually goes pretty fast, since I always render to TGA.

Hmmm... is there a way to do batch rendering through the scripting interface?
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

idragosani wrote:Hmmm... is there a way to do batch rendering through the scripting interface?
No.
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Lost Marble wrote:
idragosani wrote:Hmmm... is there a way to do batch rendering through the scripting interface?
No.
Darn.

I am looking forward to the planned non-GUI batch rendering mode.