workspace view issue

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

night5shift

workspace view issue

Post by night5shift »

I am pretty new to anime studio. So I am not sure if this is a bug or human error.
I have a complicated setup on my project where I have a few levels of nested layers.
Now the render part works perfectly, but one my character can not be see on the regular work space. I can see the hair and some of the facial features layers but not the whole body.

I made only that character group visible and tried turning on and off the visibility of the different layers in every combination and no luck.

I do have a small offset in the layers in the Z direction I am not sure if that is an issue.

Anyone know where I went wrong?
thanks
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Happened to me as well, then I noticed I gave the layer a Z depth which made it stay behind the camera.

Just check in orbit view.
night5shift

Post by night5shift »

NO. doesn't show up in orbit. still shows the same layers that are shown in the workplace. and the Z dimension difference is only .001.
If it was behind the camera wouldn't it also not show up on render?
If something is showing up on render shouldn't it also show up in the workspace when all the layers are made visible?
dsaenz825

Post by dsaenz825 »

I had that problem long ago, I cant remember what I did to fix it but I do remember long painful hours before the problem was fixed.
Why not share your file so that people here on the site can check it out. :wink:
I love comments for they help me improve on my weaknesses.
night5shift

Post by night5shift »

the subject matter is too inappropriate to post here. But the good news is that I solved the problem.
In the mask group I changed the setting from "hide all" to "reveal all" and then changed the sub layers' masking setting to make the masking working.
Everything shows up in the view window now and it renders the same. Not sure why this fixed it, so I think it might just be a bug.
Hopefully this helps someone else.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Certain types of complex nested layer masking will not show up in the screen preview. The only way to see proper masking when using multiple nested layers is to render. The render was showing the correct masking result. The screen preview was incorrect.

In cases where I have complicated masking that effects what I can see I turn off masking in the display settings.

-vern