How can I make the rest of the charector move with the bones

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Evil Sock Pupet

How can I make the rest of the charector move with the bones

Post by Evil Sock Pupet »

I am doing a animation for my major work, and I only just figured out how to colour in the charecters, anyway when ever I ad bones to my charecter, I can never move anything else on the charecter besides the bones, only the bones move nothing else will move. can someone body please help me with this. How can I make everything else move with the charecter.

thank you in advance for any help given.

:)

<(((Evil Sock Pupet)))>
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Just a quick question: Do you have your character vector layers as sub-layers of the bone layer?
Evil Sock Pupet

Post by Evil Sock Pupet »

No I do not know what that means, so my answer would be no I guess.
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Hi,

If you look at tutorial 3.1, the second picture shows the layer menu. Note how the "arm" menu is part of the "arm bones" layer (it is indented). Now, moho knows which vector layers to move with the bones.

In your file, you must drag the vector layer up into the bone layer, so that it's a subfolder.
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

First thing I suggest is reading the wonderful tutorial filled help file that comes with Moho. There is a tutorial all about bones and how to attach shapes to them. Once you've actually read and gone through those tutorials see if you have any questions.