Import Movie problem

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Zaphod

Import Movie problem

Post by Zaphod »

ARRG! just when I thought I was ready to import movies into Moho, another problem comes up; when I try to import a movie now, it plays really fast and seems to loop alot. I've tried messing with the framerate when making clips to import, I've tried messing with the framerate in moho, nothing works. Actually, sometimes if i set the framerate to 7.50 in Moho it seems to link up a little better (with imported clips with 30 fps or 15, it doesn't seem to matter), but still not even close. And even if it did such a low framerate looks awful anyways.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

I always use PAL DV avi at 25fps, and set Moho to the same resolution. I animate to that avi background and it is frame accurate. Of course the timeline can't play it back at full speed but after rendering it is fine. Looping occurs when the timeline is longer than the imported video. Basically try creating a video with certain settings, for example 4 second (100 frames) PAL (or NTSC, depending where you live) 720X576 at 25fps and import in Moho as image layer, set Moho project to same parameters, make sure the duration of the animation is the same (100 frames) as the video and export that as whatever you like. The video should play back at the same speed.

What are you using for input and what OS?

Good luck,

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

A limitation of the movie import feature is that Moho uses one frame of the imported movie per one frame of Moho animation. So, if your imported movie is at a different framerate than your Moho animation, the movie will appear to play either too fast or too slow.

To get around this, first convert the movie to the same framerate as you're using in Moho.
Zaphod

Post by Zaphod »

Ok, I've got it. Yeah, you have to make sure that the moho file has the exact number of frames as the movie being imported, and when yr making the movie to import, ya gotta turn off that box that says "keyframe every X frames" But yeah I've been doing my lip-sync this way and it looks pretty good, especially with the larger mouths.