question bout animating an PNG image

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

praxis

question bout animating an PNG image

Post by praxis »

Hi,

I cut my figure into pieces in photoshop. head, arms, legs and body. And saved them as PNG. Imported them in moho and gave them bones.
When I move the arm it gets very ugly and edgy around the elbow.
But when I render the image it looks quite well actually.

How can I see instantly what is going to be rendered?

thanx!
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

At the bottom right of the main drawing screen you will see a button labeled "Display Quality." Try the settings there.
praxis

Post by praxis »

Well, i tried high, medium low and it ain't helping. Weird...
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

The window is a preview mode so it will always look 'different' or lower quality but if you can post a small screen shot we can tell you for sure what you are seeing.
praxis

Post by praxis »

Maybe a stupid question, but I never posted an image. Can you tell me how to do that? Then I will post the rendered and the (ugly) "pre"rendered version.

Niek
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Sure. You need to first upload your picture to your website or some free website or gallery online. You can conduct a search for "free image hosting" or "free website hosting" or ask in the Miscellaneous Chit Chat forum if anyone has suggestions.

Anyhow on a quick search I found one that doesn't even require registering -don't know how good it is but try if you need one. They also provide standard links to your image so you can just cut and past the forum link preformatted.

http://www.theimagehosting.com/

Otherwise just press the 'Post' button here, click on the URL button, paste the address to your online picture and then press the URL button again, or if you include the whole address -http: etc the forum will recognize it as a link without formatting. Usually small images you can put inline doing the same procedure using the Img button in the 'Post' section but as a matter of courtesy very big images are usually done using the URL since some people have slow connections and may not appreciate loading an 11GB image. :)
praxis

Post by praxis »

THnx!
I'm gonna try...
praxis

Post by praxis »

voila

Can you see what I mean? The render still doesn't look that good though. I'm doing something wrong with giving bones, I want the arm to bend smoothly but it bends crackly (whatever that means!?).

Anyway the render looks very different than the one in the working area.

And maybe any suggestions making the arm bend more smoothly?

p.s.: that imagehostingsite turns out to be handy for a quick upload :D
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

One thing to try would be to adjust the bone strengths. It may be that the bones in the upper and lower arm are too strong and are having too much influence over each other. Try adjusting the bone strength regions so that they are just barely wider than that section of the arm in the image.
praxis

Post by praxis »

That helps quite a bit! Thanks. But as you can see the workarea "elbow" differs al lot from the final render. Every time I move something I have to check if things are right in the render...