vector points

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ralphrubbish

vector points

Post by ralphrubbish »

hey guys, i'm new to moho...just spent a few days going through the tutorials and i really like it! i have a few issues with it, but i'm pretty sure alot of the issues will be sorted out once i learn more...my current question may end up being a feature request i guess, but is there some quick/easy way to take a vector shape and double/triple the points? i'm animating a character that has sort of rubbery legs instead of knee joints and her legs are really segmented looking. i think its because i just didn't put enough points around the shape, so to smooth it out i need to add more points, but when i go add points one at a time it doesn't really like to snap to the shape...seems more like its warping the shape and i have to fix all of the points i had. sort of a hassle, any suggestions?
thanks!
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

To automatically add more points, first select the points that make up the shape, then use the Scripts->Draw->Split Curve menu command. It will ask you how many interior points it should add.

For those of you who have been using Moho longer, you may not see this script in the menu - it's a rather recent addition. Instead of re-downloading the entire Moho installer, you can get this script by itself here:

http://www.lostmarble.com/moho/extras/scripts.shtml
ralphrubbish

Post by ralphrubbish »

awesome!
i knew there must be a way...thats perfect.
thanks!